Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Minnesota 2019

Default Re: NDSU vs Minnesota 2019

The Gophers almost lost to South Dakota State. Nuff said

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I see nobody has stated today how the Gopher football program is such trash so here I am. The Gopher football program is such trash.
    Your welcome now back to your previously schedule program.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I see nobody has stated today how the Gopher football program is such trash so here I am. The Gopher football program is such trash.
    Your welcome now back to your previously schedule program.
    I must spread rep, you bastard...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I love all the talk on here that the Gophers are scared to play NDSU. Please explain the benefit of playing any FCS schools if you're an FBS school?? I'll tell you since you guys don't seem to know college football. There's absolutely no benefit to it. If they lose, they'll never be ranked again in the season and will be playing at best in the Little Ceasars bowl game. If they win, there''s supposed to win and now their schedule is weaker because they even scheduled an FCS opponent. That's the whole point of the Big 10 eliminating those games, there's some pretty bad teams in the big 10 that you have to play every year so that hurts their schedule with that already, than you throw in a FCS school and now even if you go undefeated you're not getting into a decent bowl because of your schedule strength. Nobodys scared of playing NDSU, get real, if they're so great why don't they move up. If there was another upper division above FBS I know Alabama would want to be in, I would assume every school would want to be it, but not NDSU, let's continue playing teams that don't even offer scholarships and brag about our JV titles.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Or do you really think we'd win by that much. I was thinking Bison by 17 but I'll take 4 scores.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Why is this in the football thread?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by FBS > FCS View Post
    I love all the talk on here that the Gophers are scared to play NDSU. Please explain the benefit of playing any FCS schools if you're an FBS school?? I'll tell you since you guys don't seem to know college football. There's absolutely no benefit to it. If they lose, they'll never be ranked again in the season and will be playing at best in the Little Ceasars bowl game. If they win, there''s supposed to win and now their schedule is weaker because they even scheduled an FCS opponent. That's the whole point of the Big 10 eliminating those games, there's some pretty bad teams in the big 10 that you have to play every year so that hurts their schedule with that already, than you throw in a FCS school and now even if you go undefeated you're not getting into a decent bowl because of your schedule strength. Nobodys scared of playing NDSU, get real, if they're so great why don't they move up. If there was another upper division above FBS I know Alabama would want to be in, I would assume every school would want to be it, but not NDSU, let's continue playing teams that don't even offer scholarships and brag about our JV titles.
    Welcome, obvious troll.

I'll give you a reason. Money. Prior to the Penn State game, it would have been the Gopher's first sellout since 2015. And when was their last non-conference sellout?

You are correct- there is vitually ZERO benefit to Scheduling NDSU.
    Its just hilarious that the goph fan base will say that its because NDSU is FCS, and not because they are scared to lose to them.

And then you go and schedule Tennessee Tech and Rhode Island etc. proving that they are NOT scared of FCS teams, but uniquely afraid of NDSU- but then Gaslight everyone who points out this discrepancy.

Its ok, FCS games have value to you guys, but NOT NDSU because there is a fair chance you'd lose. To say otherwise is to ignore reality, and all available data.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

So did NDSU, the only difference is the Gophers played them week 1 as a warm up and didn't have their starting QB, LB and one of there RB's not playing in a game that they only trailed for about 5 minutes. If they played them in week 9 they would have won by 50.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

If they played them in week 9 they would have won by 50.
    Yeah but just because ndsu hurt their qb.

Lardsin must go!

Do you know how the schedule works for the big 10, I doubt it, you're too hung up on thinking everybody is afraid of playing NDSU. Here's how it works. Any FCS game that is scheduled is most likely going to be the last game scheduled in that year. They can only schedule FCS teams if they are only playing too many games on the road. So they need to have all the other games figured out by than. The Tennessee Tech game has been on the books for awhile. Hence they just announced the Rhode Island game. I seem to be looking at NDSU schedule in 2024 and they have Colorado scheduled for that year already. I doubt they would play 2 FBS schools in one year since its obvious that they don't want to move up. Here's a fact for any NDSU fan. If they ever got the balls to move up, the Gophers would probably schedule them every other year.