NDSU will try to rebound from a terrible performance against Wyoming, as they take on Iowa State on Sunday. Iowa State very may well be the second best team in the conference and will be a big favorite vs NDSU. 9 of Iowa States 10 regular starters are ranked in various polls. My Predictions:
125- Midkiff dec #10 Mackall, 3-0 NDSU. Assuming Midkiff is at full strength, he can win this one, although it would be an upset. Mackall is strong but doesn't do much and I think he's highly overrated. He was tied at 3 with Vega from SDSU, and recorded a defensive fall at the end of the 2nd period (Vega has been on a roll lately, but Midkiff teched him this year).
133- Sykora dec #13 Small, 6-0 NDSU. Small is a juco transfer who has been wrestling really well. He's explosive and good on his feet and could keep this close and even win. I expect Cam to be able to win the takedown battle and wouldn't be suprised to see him get somes turns to make this a major decision.
141- #7 Parker maj Degen, 6-4 NDSU. Parker should be able to do whatever he wants in this one. I imagine Parker will be used to wrestling someone with Degen's style, with Degen's brother being an All American for Iowa State.
149- #7 Degen dec Van Maanen, 7-6 ISU. Degen is prone to some lapses, so I expect Van Maanen to keep it relatively close. Leisure has been starting for ISU lately with Degen nicked up. If Leisure is starting again, I would pick Van Maanen to win.
157- #3 Carr dec Franek, 10-6 ISU. Carr is great and handled Franek at CKLV in December. Could be a major decision.
165- Fogarty maj #33 Straw, 10-10. Fogarty only beat Straw 4-0 at CKLV, but was screwed out of 2 more points. If Weber is in here, it is a true toss up.
174- #11 Colbray dec De La Riva, 13-10 ISU. Colbray made his debut at HWT against NDSU a couple years back and now just made it down to 174. If De La Riva can push the pace and tire him, he has a chance.
184- #15 Coleman dec Cressell, 16-10 ISU. Coleman looked awful tonight vs SDSU and gassed badly. He is new to 184 and a bit undersized. Still, he is a lot more proven than Cressell.
197- Eaton dec Shapiro, 16-13 ISU. Shapiro also looked awful tonight vs SDSU, and Eaton is due for a win. This is probably another toss up.
HWT- #12 Gremmel dec Metz, 19-13 ISU. Gremmell also looked awful against SDSU, but he still hung on. He had a really good CKLV and Scuffle, and beat Metz 7-3 last year.

I could see NDSU winning any of: 125, 133, 149 (If Degen is out), 165, 174, 197, and HWT, so there is a path to victory. NDSU will need to perform significantly better than they did against Wyoming and ISU needs to perform like they did vs SDSU.