Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Petrino new HC at Missouri State

Default Re: Bobby Petrino new HC at Missouri State

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    He was quite successful as a defensive coordinator at LSU before Nebraska. It’s not so crazy
    Well that was before he committed coaching suicide by cursing out his own boosters while being taped. There are dozens of stronger candidates who have never done that, and also haven’t ever:
    -Lost a game for their team by getting consecutive 15 yard penalties on the last drive of a game
    -Had police called on them during a game they were coaching
    -Kept a felonious woman beater on their team
    -Coached a preciously great program into mediocrity
    -Generally been a total nut job

LSU just won the national championship and I think if they were smart they wouldn’t even consider the guy

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well that was before he committed coaching suicide by cursing out his own boosters while being taped. There are dozens of stronger candidates who have never done that, and also haven’t ever:
    -Lost a game for their team by getting consecutive 15 yard penalties on the last drive of a game
    -Had police called on them during a game they were coaching
    -Kept a felonious woman beater on their team
    -Coached a preciously great program into mediocrity
    -Generally been a total nut job

LSU just won the national championship and I think if they were smart they wouldn’t even consider the guy
    Ha, yeah I'm well aware of his mistakes as a head coach. I think total nut job is going a little far. What program did he coach into mediocrity?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Woof. Got a text about it earlier but didn't believe it until I saw your post.

Also strange that he would think he can call the shots on who the next coach would be. He certainly hasn't been lighting it up, if I were the YSU AD I would say good riddance. Pellini know the locations of a few skeletons in the AD closet? Lol
    Not surprised at all that he can name his successor. I know a former soccer coach from YSU, by all accounts Bo & Tressel run that University along with the Debartlos family. Since those 3 names are intrinsically tied together I'd be more surprised if Bo's brother wasn't named head coach.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The thought of Carl roaming the sidelines berating referees and giving pressers has me all:

If you guys thought Bo was entertaining in those regards you're in the for a real treat if this goes down the way he wants it to.

I'm pretty sure a few years back Bo relegated Carl up to the pressbox because he was too much of a loose cannon on the sideline.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Heard a sports talk show in KC. One commentator said he had been at former cities during Petrino's time there and predicted he would ruin Missery St. program in a couple of years. He said that people that worked with disliked him and he was forced to hire family members to fill the staff. My only question is how can you ruin Missery State program any further.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The thought of Carl roaming the sidelines berating referees and giving pressers has me all:

If you guys thought Bo was entertaining in those regards you're in the for a real treat if this goes down the way he wants it to.

I'm pretty sure a few years back Bo relegated Carl up to the pressbox because he was too much of a loose cannon on the sideline.
    Dear god........

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Or police record? Not sure which one you meant. lol
    Seems about right...….. a coach with more baggage then any player that he'll sign.

Pelini is gone to LSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Carl could be even more entertaining as YSU HC. Dude is a loose cannon

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

https://youtu.be/9TZMrxTbnXA

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt