Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Petrino new HC at Missouri State

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bobby Petrino new HC at Missouri State

Seems like a really bad idea to hire this guy. Seems like hiring a young up and comer would be significantly better idea. I don't see this ending well.;

I can't wait until Stig and Petrino get together and discuss highway safety.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Seems like a really bad idea to hire this guy. Seems like hiring a young up and comer would be significantly better idea. I don't see this ending well.;
    Oh I don't know. There often aren't any consequences to bad behavior in the FCS. Could be a good fit.

Let Missouri St fans get excited about this hire... they haven't had much to get excited about with that program in the last 10 years. They can't really be run any further into the ground as a program anyway.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Lol Bo is an angel compared to Bobby.
    Bo is just a meanie. And also lets convicted felons on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I can't wait until Stig and Petrino get together and discuss highway safety.
    Is it jerking and driving of it's someone else's hand?

#AskingForAFriend

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Is it jerking and driving of it's someone else's hand?

#AskingForAFriend

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    That could be the 1st topic on their agenda.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Missouri State no longer a doormat

he has 6 full rides left, there will be a few of the 20 signed that will drop/transfer.
    He'll crush the transfer portal and find some ballers.

How difficult is recruiting right now?

Petrino's late hire comes after the early signing period and just a few weeks before National Signing Day.

Steckel and his staff signed 20 players before his time at the university came to an end. Petrino complimented the signing class and will honor their commitments if they choose to stay.

"The class is fairly set," Petrino said. "My understanding is we have about six other scholarships or partial scholarships we can use. Six other members we can sign. Again, it’s a process to sit down with compliance and see exactly where we are with the count, see what’s available, what the needs are.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I see the hire as a gain a lot or lose nothing move by the University.

When you look at their usual out of conference schedule (they always play at least 1 FBS game. and usually a game with "local" FCS Teams like Murray State, SEMO, etc. as well as a usual lower level team), he could get them winning quickly, even if it results in a blowout loss in the playoffs against really good FCS teams.

They have never been able to turn the corner at Mo State (It looked like they were making the move in Steckel's 2nd year, but he could not get it going.

If Petrino gets them to 7 wins and into the playoffs in year 1 or 2, then the school will have gotten a big bang for their buck, even if he ends up leaving for a FBS gig shortly afterwards.

If Petrino is serious about staying for 5-7 years, he could make Mo State into a very good program - they have the resources there and are in a good location to gain recruits from the south, Texas, and the midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post
    I see the hire as a gain a lot or lose nothing move by the University.

When you look at their usual out of conference schedule (they always play at least 1 FBS game. and usually a game with "local" FCS Teams like Murray State, SEMO, etc. as well as a usual lower level team), he could get them winning quickly, even if it results in a blowout loss in the playoffs against really good FCS teams.

They have never been able to turn the corner at Mo State (It looked like they were making the move in Steckel's 2nd year, but he could not get it going.

If Petrino gets them to 7 wins and into the playoffs in year 1 or 2, then the school will have gotten a big bang for their buck, even if he ends up leaving for a FBS gig shortly afterwards.

If Petrino is serious about staying for 5-7 years, he could make Mo State into a very good program - they have the resources there and are in a good location to gain recruits from the south, Texas, and the midwest.
    The question is will the school give him the resources thats needed to be successful? I know they screwed Terry Allen. Doesnt look like the last coach faired any better.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."