Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Way Too Early Preview

Default Re: 2020 Way Too Early Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I like the idea of moving Tutsie to FS to get Kaczor on the field full time at SS. Tutsie had his issues tackling from time to time but he's a ball hawk... sounds like a good FS to me. That would also give Weerts a chance to rotate in behind Mercadel at WLB. Earlier in the season I thought Weerts was going to take Hankey's spot at MLB next year but I'm not as bullish on that anymore. Having Weerts split reps with Mercadel seems like a better option.

I think they'll be just fine at DE. I still think Barty Ogbu has the potential to be a great one... he just couldn't get healthy this season. Add Will Mostaert and Reed Ryan for depth and they'll have at least 4 DEs to rotate. DT is my biggest concern. I hope Javier Derritt can develop into an anchor at DT... he's got the most potential of anyone at that position IMO. But they've had a knack for finding really good walk-ons at that position like Schaetz and Steidl so maybe they catch that kind of lightning in a bottle again and one of the unheralded guys seizes the opportunity available there.
    I think Javier is going to be an excellent run defender right away in his career. We'll just find out if he has the pass rush "juice" or if he doesn't.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    This is one of my favorite things to do immediately after each season.

(FREE)

https://247sports.com/college/north-...all-142143974/
    I think it is for a lot of people. Thanks for the story. I am glad to hear the coaches really like the corners they got last year and Jayden Price from 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Any chance we bring in a DT transfer? I feel it is much needed.
    I said something in a different thread. Would like see it happen. Junco maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I said something in a different thread. Would like see it happen. Junco maybe?

Do they get those players from JUNCO colleges....are there many in the area?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Do they get those players from JUNCO colleges....are there many in the area?
    Lol! It’s like when you see those reading intelligence test things where every word is spelled wrong/incorrectly and with both lower and upper case letters mixed in but, if you have reading intelligence, you can still read and understand the message/questions.

IOW, GFY!![emoji58]

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I like the idea of moving Tutsie to FS to get Kaczor on the field full time at SS. Tutsie had his issues tackling from time to time but he's a ball hawk... sounds like a good FS to me. That would also give Weerts a chance to rotate in behind Mercadel at WLB. Earlier in the season I thought Weerts was going to take Hankey's spot at MLB next year but I'm not as bullish on that anymore. Having Weerts split reps with Mercadel seems like a better option.

I think they'll be just fine at DE. I still think Barty Ogbu has the potential to be a great one... he just couldn't get healthy this season. Add Will Mostaert and Reed Ryan for depth and they'll have at least 4 DEs to rotate. DT is my biggest concern. I hope Javier Derritt can develop into an anchor at DT... he's got the most potential of anyone at that position IMO. But they've had a knack for finding really good walk-ons at that position like Schaetz and Steidl so maybe they catch that kind of lightning in a bottle again and one of the unheralded guys seizes the opportunity available there.
    I thought it was interesting that weerts was listed as backup at Will linebacker and not mlb. I did think Weber showed well. Be interesting to see what they do with him kaczor and Tutsie. 3 really talented players. Hopefully Javier is the next stud dt we can have for the next 4 years. Be interesting to see what happens with Kobe after a full year with Kramer. Crazy how loaded we are at rb

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Lol! It’s like when you see those reading intelligence test things where every word is spelled wrong/incorrectly and with both lower and upper case letters mixed in but, if you have reading intelligence, you can still read and understand the message/questions.

IOW, GFY!![emoji58]

I didn't know they had tests like that. When I see something like that I just think it's MisSpelLeD
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I didn't know they had tests like that. When I see something like that I just think it's MisSpelLeD
    It’s actual MsSpeAld. Icena elspead otha.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I thought it was interesting that weerts was listed as backup at Will linebacker and not mlb. I did think Weber showed well. Be interesting to see what they do with him kaczor and Tutsie. 3 really talented players. Hopefully Javier is the next stud dt we can have for the next 4 years. Be interesting to see what happens with Kobe after a full year with Kramer. Crazy how loaded we are at rb
    Hopefully Seth is back to 100%. He adds an interesting dynamic to the RB position.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Hopefully Seth is back to 100%. He adds an interesting dynamic to the RB position.

He does. I’m excited/interested in seeing how Spring ball and game go for him. Also hoping TR gets the RBs back in the play calling again, especially the delta formation with seam and wheel routes for the RBs. To the extent I have criticism of TR, it’s that he doesn’t really have an identity on O.

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO