Thread: ABC Question about Impact of NDSU Football

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default ABC Question about Impact of NDSU Football

ABC WDAY affiliate at the end of this video pointed out that there never has been a study conducted of the impact Bison football has had on the University or the State of North Dakota.

"NDSU says there has never been an official study on how the success of the Bison football team has benefited the school as a whole."

They said the State of North Dakota purchased and aired 2 commercials highlighting the state's virtues and opportunities, plus the school got to run a segment about the overall University offerings and opportunities.

"North Dakota Tourism even jumped on the exposure, airing two 30-second spots."

I wonder if one will now be in the works after NDSU Bison put the University and the State in the national spot light with the Natty exposure in prime time on national television.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Default Re: ABC Question about Impact of NDSU Football

I know the guy who does this, if they're interested.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    ABC WDAY affiliate at the end of this video pointed out that there never has been a study conducted of the impact Bison football has had on the University or the State of North Dakota.

They said the State of North Dakota purchased and aired 2 commercials highlighting the state's virtues and opportunities, plus the school got to run a segment about the overall University offerings and opportunities.

I wonder if one will now be in the works after NDSU Bison put the University and the State in the national spot light with the Natty exposure in prime time on national television.
    I would guess much of the state will think Bison football’s progress is leaving the rest of the state behind rather than helping. I haven’t lived in Fargo for several years though so tougher to get a read on that.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Rob Port, who got a DUI and is not a journalist, does annual unofficial studies that are little more than clickbait.

I'm sure it doesn't hurt. And I'm also pretty sure the DI moved helped quite a lot at first. But like many (most?) 4 year universities, NDSU is in a downward trend right now. Athletic success did not prevent that, but it may have stemmed it some. Hard to say.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    I would guess much of the state will think Bison football’s progress is leaving the rest of the state behind rather than helping. I haven’t lived in Fargo for several years though so tougher to get a read on that.
    You wouldn't get a read on that living in Fargo, you'd have to live outside of "Imperial Cass"

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

No idea how it would effect NDSU specifically, but remove NDSU from Fargo, and how much changes? I'd Say a HELL of a lot. My guess would be 40-50,000 less year round citizens, I'd imagine the old downtown would be a virtual wasteland- even worse than it was 20 years ago.

All of those things reflect very positively on NDSU, and I'd have to look into the stats here, but I think there is a very strong correlation to donations (athletic and otherwise) and the last decade of success. Am I wrong to say that donations over the last decade have been better than any decade previously to the school?

Enrollment is not the only indicator of the health of university, and my perception (which could very obviously be incorrect- as it tends to be more times than not) that all of the other measurables are at an all time high.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS