Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NDSU Football Depth Chart

Default Re: 2020 NDSU Football Depth Chart

Quote Originally Posted by wan2bqb View Post
    To me its crazy to think what we return next year.

QB- Best in FCS, possibly as good as all of football if he had to pass more which is not likely because.....
    RB- Will have far and away the best RB room in FCS- Cofield, Johnson, Bussy, Clarke, and Wilson
    WR- Solid to say the least Watson, Sproles, Lippe, Mathis with young talent pushing and solid possesion types as back ups.
    TE- Best in FCS with young guys pushing them
    OL- Return 4 starters along with mister everything Cody Mauch, watch on some of our biggest plays this year who was on the field wearing an 88 at the point of attack. Don't forget Dillon Radunz's brother Nick is transfering here. I am sure he isn't coming to just sit on the bench. Also both Kubas brothers, Sundell and Poncius. OL will be fine for years to come.

DL/DE- Will be fine Beigler, Tucker, Ching with the youngsters getting a year of Kramer under their belt. (Ryan, the Twins, Derritt, cook) McCormick and Waege are the next stars.
    LB- Will be our deepest position next year. Cox, Hankey, Mercedel, Cox, Weertz, Kaczor, and I think Wlodarcyzk (sp) moves to linebacker/safety role like Kaczor
    CB- Not as bare as it seems- Hayes, Talbert, Hall, Watham-Ocama with a couple youngsters making a surprise possibility of Smith/Jones moving to corner
    S- We have a stockpile Tutsie, Kaczor, Weber, Wlodarcyzk, Jones/Smith
    Don't forget FB's, Hunter Luepke is going to be a big time contributor. This offense will have almost an unlimited effective playbook if the coaches have the imagination to draw up the plays.

Offense:
    We should be dominant and deep. Adding Bussey gives us another speedster. I hope Mathis can become a big body contributor. Luepke gives us another dynamic as a starter.

Defense:
    DE is very young and deep. They will dominant by 2021. DT is somewhat unproven and NO depth. No enforcer down there that will be exposed vs Oregon. Hopefully Derritt can provide something next season. I thought Hankey and Mercadel improved a lot as the season went on. Tackling was an issue all over at times, but still got better late in the season. Cox back is just gravy. Tutsie is too good to move from SS. He is great in Space. Kaczor will play A LOT in different packages and a hybrid role. Weber I think will play a lot at FS. Hayes is ready to be that #1 lockdown corner. Not too worried with him vs. Oregon, but I am with Talbert.
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 01-15-2020 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Offense:
    We should be dominant and deep. Adding Bussey gives us another speedster. I hope Mathis can become a big body contributor. Luepke gives us another dynamic as a starter.

Defense:
    DE is very young and deep. They will dominant by 2021. DT is somewhat unproven and NO depth. No enforcer down there that will be exposed vs Oregon. Hopefully Derritt can provide something next season. I thought Hankey and Mercadel improved a lot as the season went on. Tackling was an issue all over at times, but still got better late in the season. Cox back is just gravy. Tutsie is too good to move from SS. He is great in Space. Kascor will play A LOT in different packages and a hybrid role. Weber I think will play a lot at FS. Hayes is ready to be that #1 lockdown corner. Not too worried with him vs. Oregon, but I am with Talbert.
    DT is my big worry for Oregon. We got exposed by JMU, and only coaching incompetence on JMU's side kept us from losing due to it. We need a Nate T or Levon P to step up and be the man.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    DT is my big worry for Oregon. We got exposed by JMU, and only coaching incompetence on JMU's side kept us from losing due to it. We need a Nate T or Levon P to step up and be the man.
    Not sure exposed it the right word. They gave up right around their season average on YPC. Literally the lowest YPC allowed in the playoffs was to JMU and if I am reading my stats right the lowest YPC allowed since the Missouri State game.....

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It would appear that Hackl and Moore both leaving the program really left a hole in the DT room.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Dylan Evans (6’ 4” 286) is almost Nate T size, hopefully he comes back from his injury and continues his improvement.

Have hopes for Lane Tucker also (6'4" 278).
    Who steps forward?
    That being said, as others have mentioned, if the right 300 lb run stuffer was available from a JC or FBS transfer......
    That would be a longshot though, from what Coach Entz has said about what they are looking for in the late signing date.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Dylan Evans (6’ 4” 286) is almost Nate T size, hopefully he comes back from his injury and continues his improvement.

Have hopes for Lane Tucker also (6'4" 278).
    Who steps forward?
    Need some big DT to eat up double teams against Oregon. Tanguay might’ve been the most important defensive piece in beating Iowa.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Need some big DT to eat up double teams against Oregon. Tanguay might’ve been the most important defensive piece in beating Iowa.
    He was big in the 2017 Championship Game too. Remember the interception?

DT room has a long time to grow before OR. I'm sure they will bust their ass to prove the naysayers wrong. I'll bet on several of these guys stepping up before some unknown savior walks through the door.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I never heard a good reason why Quinn Alo moved from DT to OG. Always thought that left our DTs a body short.