Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NDSU Football Depth Chart

Default Re: 2020 NDSU Football Depth Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    He is listed on the depth chart. I agree, he was doing a real good job. I think there is good quality depth at defensive end.
    Sorry about that. My post was not in regards to your depth chart list (great job BTW), but in regards to the other posts where nobody was talking about Brendan and kind of showing a nervous worrisome about who is going to replace Tuszka. I've talked about this in the past where NDSU is going to lose great players every year. Sometimes they will lose a lot. However, it has been consistently proven over the past decade that NDSU reloads. Tuszka, much like the guys he replaced in the past, will be missed, but someone will rise to the occasion next season.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Sorry about that. My post was not in regards to your depth chart list (great job BTW), but in regards to the other posts where nobody was talking about Brendan and kind of showing a nervous worrisome about who is going to replace Tuszka. I've talked about this in the past where NDSU is going to lose great players every year. Sometimes they will lose a lot. However, it has been consistently proven over the past decade that NDSU reloads. Tuszka, much like the guys he replaced in the past, will be missed, but someone will rise to the occasion next season.
    Thanks bud, they may not become All-American but there are a lot of good players at DE. And Justice Kelly is the only senior.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    I don't know about Weerts but Ogbu should be ready for spring ball. Ogbu has a lot of potential. Like Tuszka, he was a sprinter in high school.
    I didn’t think Ogbu did anything when he played. Looks like a specimen but zero football ability from my perspective. Now Cook flashed bigtime.

I think Lane Tucker will be a player next year. When he played he seemed to be in the backfield a lot. Also the twin brothers Impressed me

Really need better LB play. 55 is bad in open space. Thought 26 was undersized but the better football player. Really like his ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DE: I agree with the many in here. Losing Tuszka without an obvious All-American replacement like we've had this entire run was unsettling. BUT there is really good depth, just maybe no top tier stud yet. Waege, McCormick, Pierce, Cook, Ogbu, Ryan... Lots of exciting talent that hasn't been fully developed or shown yet.

CB: Concerns me quite a bit. Hayes has proven to be a really good all around CB. Talbert has shown to be a, i'll say, solid CB. The depth beyond those two is completely unproven. That is scary to me. I like Jayden Price's potential but beyond him it is an absolute question mark.

DT also scares the bejeezus out of me. Darnell and Karcz were really good but not a great DL pair like we've become accustomed to. Biegler and Ching changed positions and actually looked pretty solid there but I would still rank them below Karcz and Darnell. I guess I will say this. If Ching and Biegler are the surefire starters at DT/NT for the whole season I am a bit nervous. I had impressive grades on the guys behind them but if they aren't pushing for playing time I am going to get nervous.

OL: Scares me a bit too. Not for this year but the following years. This year they can be amazing if we solve RG but the year or two after this makes me a bit nervous. Other than Sundell I haven't heard any exciting OL development news about our young Rams.

Safety: We are loaded and need to find a way to get Kaczor on the field. Maybe a Bryan Shep type 3rd safety joker or Nickel LB like he played this year just becomes permanent? What do we do with Julian that the coaches seemed to love? We are 4 deep and young at Safety. Get them reps.

WR: Losing Baptist sucks but I think this WR group could be special. With Henderson, Lippe, Stewart, and the tall Mathis. We could be really deep and talented at WR.

Last note that others touched on. Our talented extra safeties and OL Sundell need to find the field this year. Get our best players out there.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    DE: I agree with the many in here. Losing Tuszka without an obvious All-American replacement like we've had this entire run was unsettling. BUT there is really good depth, just maybe no top tier stud yet. Waege, McCormick, Pierce, Cook, Ogbu, Ryan... Lots of exciting talent that hasn't been fully developed or shown yet.

CB: Concerns me quite a bit. Hayes has proven to be a really good all around CB. Talbert has shown to be a, i'll say, solid CB. The depth beyond those two is completely unproven. That is scary to me. I like Jayden Price's potential but beyond him it is an absolute question mark.

DT also scares the bejeezus out of me. Darnell and Karcz were really good but not a great DL pair like we've become accustomed to. Biegler and Ching changed positions and actually looked pretty solid there but I would still rank them below Karcz and Darnell. I guess I will say this. If Ching and Biegler are the surefire starters at DT/NT for the whole season I am a bit nervous. I had impressive grades on the guys behind them but if they aren't pushing for playing time I am going to get nervous.

OL: Scares me a bit too. Not for this year but the following years. This year they can be amazing if we solve RG but the year or two after this makes me a bit nervous. Other than Sundell I haven't heard any exciting OL development news about our young Rams.

Safety: We are loaded and need to find a way to get Kaczor on the field. Maybe a Bryan Shep type 3rd safety joker or Nickel LB like he played this year just becomes permanent? What do we do with Julian that the coaches seemed to love? We are 4 deep and young at Safety. Get them reps.

WR: Losing Baptist sucks but I think this WR group could be special. With Henderson, Lippe, Stewart, and the tall Mathis. We could be really deep and talented at WR.

Last note that others touched on. Our talented extra safeties and OL Sundell need to find the field this year. Get our best players out there.
    We are a development program, we are developing/developed a replacement(s) for DL.... I've hear this concern every year when we lose seniors

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    I didn’t think Ogbu did anything when he played. Looks like a specimen but zero football ability from my perspective. Now Cook flashed bigtime.

I think Lane Tucker will be a player next year. When he played he seemed to be in the backfield a lot. Also the twin brothers Impressed me

Really need better LB play. 55 is bad in open space. Thought 26 was undersized but the better football player. Really like his ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree Ogbu didn't accomplish much when he was out there. He has only played a few years of football. He needs coaching and reps. Hopefully, he can put things together. Aaron Mercadel's (55) strength is run support , as is Kaczor's (26), IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    So, If the Bison ran a play that was not in the JMU defensive plan, it was a trick play, right? Those deep sidelines passes to Watson resulting in the PIs were bad refereeing, right? And who knew the Bizon would ever run a 2pt conversion or a fake field goal?
    Wait. We ran a two point conversion attempt? Damn, I missed it. What happened?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    We are a development program, we are developing/developed a replacement(s) for DL.... I've hear this concern every year when we lose seniors
    Well I think this year we were solid but no longer elite in our interior DL. We have had a slight decline each group since the Drevlow and Perry combo back in the beginning of this run. Still love Schaetzy, Steidl, Blake, etc. but it just feels like we are slowly moving back towards good not great at DT/NT.

Also it's the offseason, so speculating and generating conversation is all we have!
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Well I think this year we were solid but no longer elite in our interior DL. We have had a slight decline each group since the Drevlow and Perry combo back in the beginning of this run. Still love Schaetzy, Steidl, Blake, etc. but it just feels like we are slowly moving back towards good not great at DT/NT.

Also it's the offseason, so speculating and generating conversation is all we have!
    I said this earlier but I wouldn't mind having a couple, 325 pound, John Ridgeways. He was pretty stout.

To me its crazy to think what we return next year.

QB- Best in FCS, possibly as good as all of football if he had to pass more which is not likely because.....
    RB- Will have far and away the best RB room in FCS- Cofield, Johnson, Bussy, Clarke, and Wilson
    WR- Solid to say the least Watson, Sproles, Lippe, Mathis with young talent pushing and solid possesion types as back ups.
    TE- Best in FCS with young guys pushing them
    OL- Return 4 starters along with mister everything Cody Mauch, watch on some of our biggest plays this year who was on the field wearing an 88 at the point of attack. Don't forget Dillon Radunz's brother Nick is transfering here. I am sure he isn't coming to just sit on the bench. Also both Kubas brothers, Sundell and Poncius. OL will be fine for years to come.

DL/DE- Will be fine Beigler, Tucker, Ching with the youngsters getting a year of Kramer under their belt. (Ryan, the Twins, Derritt, cook) McCormick and Waege are the next stars.
    LB- Will be our deepest position next year. Cox, Hankey, Mercedel, Cox, Weertz, Kaczor, and I think Wlodarcyzk (sp) moves to linebacker/safety role like Kaczor
    CB- Not as bare as it seems- Hayes, Talbert, Hall, Watham-Ocama with a couple youngsters making a surprise possibility of Smith/Jones moving to corner
    S- We have a stockpile Tutsie, Kaczor, Weber, Wlodarcyzk, Jones/Smith