Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NDSU Football Depth Chart

Default Re: 2020 NDSU Football Depth Chart

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Right, just as Northern mentioned above.

Also sounds like even if he had transferred after, say, his freshmen year, he couldn’t redshirt and be eligible to play 4. Still “ineligible” to play for the first year???

IOW, if you transfer, you basically loose redshirt option or lose another year of playing a full schedule?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seems the only way around losing a year is getting a waiver approved, which is described in the article (http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes...transfer-terms) I previously posted.
    Hail the BISON!!!

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Basically, an NCAA mandated, old fashioned redshirt year. Or alternately, getting to know Mr. Kramer and his special kind of pain/gain.

According to twitter, you can remove WR Carson Yaggie and FS Ben Hoggarth from the list...

https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...68572902727680
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    IOW, if you transfer, you basically loose redshirt option or lose another year of playing a full schedule?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes. If a player redshirts before transferring, they will lose a year of eligibility. That is unless the NCAA approves an exception..which they seem to do for opaque reasons, especially if you are a star QB at a P5 school (see Justin Fields, etc.) All of this applies to players transferring within the same division or up to a higher level. Players transferring down (i.e. FBS to FCS or D-I to D-II) are immediately eligible. Gotta love the NCAA.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    According to twitter, you can remove WR Carson Yaggie and FS Ben Hoggarth from the list...

Thanks, I will make those changes.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    Thanks, I will make those changes.
    Damn....hate to see the local kids pack it in. Especially the ones from ND!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Damn....hate to see the local kids pack it in. Especially the ones from ND!
    Is what it is. Pretty stiff competition.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Man I don't understand the DT situation. Ive mentioned before but never got any response on the Quinn Alo move. He played dt in mop up duty during the 2018 season. Watched him. I keep an eye on the local boys. Only thing I can figure is Entz was the DC with him and moved him to offense when he became head coach because of something he saw. No depth at DT at all. Concerning.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Man I don't understand the DT situation. Ive mentioned before but never got any response on the Quinn Alo move. He played dt in mop up duty during the 2018 season. Watched him. I keep an eye on the local boys. Only thing I can figure is Entz was the DC with him and moved him to offense when he became head coach because of something he saw. No depth at DT at all. Concerning.
    I can see why you are concerned but keep in mind we have a long time before kickoff for the roster to grow and develop. They will be knocking heads with some pretty good
    O lineman in spring & fall camp.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post

Ben was coming back from a torn ACL and with depth we probably was not going to see the field much. His father was a couple grades below me in high school.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.