Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the 2019 Bison the Best Bison Team Ever?

Default Re: Are the 2019 Bison the Best Bison Team Ever?

I am not going to get into what team is the best we have ever had argument. I was looking at our schedule for something else though and saw that at the time we beat teams last year these were their rankings in one of the polls.

We Beat the
    # 19

Teams last year.

reminds me of the poster from years ago "gottaearnit". I think they earned it!!!!!!!

Best, not the best, 2nd best, 3rd best, I don't care but that was damn impressive last year.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I am not going to get into what team is the best we have ever had argument. I was looking at our schedule for something else though and saw that at the time we beat teams last year these were their rankings in one of the polls.

We Beat the
    # 19

Teams last year.

reminds me of the poster from years ago "gottaearnit". I think they earned it!!!!!!!

Best, not the best, 2nd best, 3rd best, I don't care but that was damn impressive last year.
    Talking about 2019? That's incredible. I didn't know we played that many ranked teams.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For funsies, what do you guys think the MAC champions would have with this type of schedule. Just comparing the MAC to the schedule NDSU had last year.

Miami (OH) went 8-6 on the year and won the MAC. 8-2 in conference play.
    Me thinks they would probably lose at least 2 more games with our schedule. The extra losses would be to probably JMU and SDSU.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    For funsies, what do you guys think the MAC champions would have with this type of schedule. Just comparing the MAC to the schedule NDSU had last year.

Me thinks they would probably lose at least 2 more games with our schedule. The extra losses would be to probably JMU and SDSU.
    If Miami of Ohio played our schedule (obviously not counting the fact that if they don't beat the first playoff team, they don't get to play the next, and the next, etc) they would go 12-4 at best. And I mean at best. When they get all the bounces, all the calls.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post

Sagarin has Miami - Ohio ranked between Montana and SDSU. They probably would have a few losses and maybe get to the quarterfinals.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    16-0. No team has done it since 1984.

The most dominant single season from an offensive player we have ever seen in Trey Lance. Defense gave up fewer PPG than the 2018 team but slightly more than the 2013 team. Undefeated season was topped off by the Bison beating, IMO, the most talented FCS team they have ever faced.

Discuss
    2013 end thread/
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Talking about 2019? That's incredible. I didn't know we played that many ranked teams.
    Looks great. But for someone who wants parody in FCS...this isn’t good when NDSU is full of freshmen and sophomores.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Looks great. But for someone who wants parody in FCS...this isn’t good when NDSU is full of freshmen and sophomores.
    So you’re saying the rest of the FCS fields what are just parodies of football teams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    2013 end thread/
    I'm also not taking sides at this juncture BUT if we list the same rankings for the 2013 team:

Kansas St.
    #15 (different team later)

So this team didn't play and beat KSU (huge win obviously) but it played more AND higher ranked FCS teams than 2013. JMU was a VERY good championship caliber team whereas the Towson championship was iffy.

I also don't recall off hand but I think statistically speaking the two teams were very similar. So while I would probably lean 2013 it isn't exactly no contest. The face we have had this conversation in back to back years is pretty damn special.

Maybe a better question because I wasn't around back in our D2 hay days. Are 2018 and 2019 the most dominant back to back seasons we've had?
    Rixen

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the thing that tips the scales in favor of 2013 (over 2019; at least for me) was that you knew 2013 was going to win in the playoffs. And they did. Convincingly. 2019 I was feeling good, but not like it was a done deal like I did in 2013.