Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Early thoughts on 2020 season

Default Re: Early thoughts on 2020 season

Do we know if Derrick Tuszka is getting much attention from the pros? What's the talk on him?

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    They will definitely have some skill players that we will have a VERY difficult time bottling up- I think they will definitely get their fair share of points...

But I also think our offense will get what is theirs as well.. We averaged 4YPC against KSU and the Iowas. And thats what they are desinged to do- stop the run. I dont think Oregon is genetically a run stopping team (although their DE is a future 1st rounder IMO). I think we will see a very conservatively called game on offense (a la KSU and Iowa). and it will be death by a thousand cuts... and Trey Lance's legs.

I'll say this. We beat those good FBS programs. It was impressive. But in my mind, there is no doubt that they continue to overlook us. These P5 kids have been told 90 Trillion times how they are elite, no one is better, no on can compare to your talent, strength, speed etc. It is human nature to believe that they will sleepwalk to a win over NDSU because we are "less than" them. we are LITERALLY being scheduled for what their AD foolishly believed would be an "easy, pre-season victory before the big-boy schedule".

They are playing Ohio State the next week, EASILY the biggest game of the season for them. No matter how much their coaches emphasize it, these hot shot 4-5 star kids will overlook us so hard, they wont be able to know which was is up by the 4th quarter.

Good Guys win 28-24
    Ducks are a taller order and do recruit athletes that can step in day one. I think their D and team in general play far more physically than under Helfrich. Still, I doubt their D will be better than Iowa’s was a few years back. That Iowa defense was full of NFL talent and we ran all over them. If our D isn’t ready the Ducks will roll us, but if we play like we typically play vs P5 we can win this

No way NDSU would beat a team with George Kittle, Desmond King, Jaleel Johnson, CJ Beathard.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    No way NDSU would beat a team with George Kittle, Desmond King, Jaleel Johnson, CJ Beathard.
    Ha...forgot about Kittle. Big boy ball

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Im sure a few of their OL are in the NFL too

5 catches, 110 yards, long of 51. They should have thrown to him more.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 16>1 View Post
    Terrell Hall will be a redshirt freshman. From the things I heard about him from Coach K this year he may have an opportunity to start at CB.

Also love the idea of getting Kaczor on the field more next year. Do you make him a safety, or an outside backer? However, he is a hybrid type guy that plays a ton of nickel, sure is a nice player to utilize like that.
    The coaches are very high on Terrell Hall. I have not heard them talk about CB Jayden Price. Has anyone heard how he is progressing?
    He was the fastest player in his signing class (10.72 100 meters) and he has good size (6'0, 184) for a corner. I was hoping he would develop into a real good player.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Kittle? Never heard of her.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Kittle? Never heard of her.
    Sure you have......wife of Pa Kittle; Ma and Pa Kittle...…..believe they live in Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    And, 4th round pick LB Josey Jewell.