Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Early thoughts on 2020 season

Default Re: Early thoughts on 2020 season

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Kobe Johnson
    Julian Wlodarczyk
    Luke Weerts
    Griffin Crosa
    Annoying that theyd waste a year on Weerts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I would like to see him and jabril at the outside lb spots. So much speed and ability to cover. Any chance weerts gets on the mlb. Not sure how fast he is but Hankey isn’t the fastest guy out there.
    Weerts would have to be really special to take out Hankeys spot.

That’s the biggest difference in fbs opponents we have played. We matched up with those other teams because they play physical football and like to run it. Oregon has better skill positions and like to spread it out which might give us a lot more problems.
    New QB and 4 new OL. I know their LT is a stud, but also replace 3 DL and 2LB will be True frosh. That is a recipe I like.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I watched the Oregon-Montana game on youtube and it gave some boosting confidence. Oregon losing pretty much their entire OL and QB will be a big deal for them regardless of what anyone says. Our offense will have to use the entire offensive personnel and playbook to challenge Oregon's very stout defense. We'll have a veteran OL, a huge stable of great RB, two huge 6-6 TE, 3-4 very capable and exciting WR and the best QB in the entire stadium. If the defense gets the best players on the field especially with Cox, Kaczor and Hankey at LB. Tutsie and probably Weber at S. Interior DL needs to get locked up and I think Lane Tucker will be huge in this game. CB opposite Hayes will be big. We have more than a chance folks.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

I could see both Cox brothers at the outside spots and Weerts in the middle. Speed for days! Hankey's smarts make up for his speed limitations kind of like Grant Olson.

They will definitely have some skill players that we will have a VERY difficult time bottling up- I think they will definitely get their fair share of points...

But I also think our offense will get what is theirs as well.. We averaged 4YPC against KSU and the Iowas. And thats what they are desinged to do- stop the run. I dont think Oregon is genetically a run stopping team (although their DE is a future 1st rounder IMO). I think we will see a very conservatively called game on offense (a la KSU and Iowa). and it will be death by a thousand cuts... and Trey Lance's legs.

I'll say this. We beat those good FBS programs. It was impressive. But in my mind, there is no doubt that they continue to overlook us. These P5 kids have been told 90 Trillion times how they are elite, no one is better, no on can compare to your talent, strength, speed etc. It is human nature to believe that they will sleepwalk to a win over NDSU because we are "less than" them. we are LITERALLY being scheduled for what their AD foolishly believed would be an "easy, pre-season victory before the big-boy schedule".

They are playing Ohio State the next week, EASILY the biggest game of the season for them. No matter how much their coaches emphasize it, these hot shot 4-5 star kids will overlook us so hard, they wont be able to know which was is up by the 4th quarter.

Good Guys win 28-24
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Annoying that theyd waste a year on Weerts.
    Dylan Hendricks signed the same year and he will be a redshirt freshman. He is no slouch.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Weerts would have to be really special to take out Hankeys spot.
    100% this. I don't at all understand the continued criticism of the QB of our Defense and one of the best and leading tacklers on the team.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I would like to see him and jabril at the outside lb spots. So much speed and ability to cover. Any chance weerts gets on the mlb. Not sure how fast he is but Hankey isn’t the fastest guy out there.
    Yeah but Hankey is super smart and I believe the leading tackler so they must be running right at him for some strange reason.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I could see both Cox brothers at the outside spots and Weerts in the middle. Speed for days! Hankey's smarts make up for his speed limitations kind of like Grant Olson.
    Hankey definitely improved during the year, Mercadel is replaceable. Would love to see an aggressive, solid tackling speedster take that spot.