Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Early thoughts on 2020 season

Default Re: Early thoughts on 2020 season

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    If we beat Oregon, we will be number 25 in the AP Poll. Guarantee it.
    If Oregon is ranked top 5 pre-season, I think we end up getting more than enough token votes to actually fall higher (i.e. lower number) than 25. Even if they're top 10 to start the season, I think this is a possibility.

What would be a little crazy is if Oregon then goes on to defeat tOSU the next week. And both Oregon and tOSU finish the regular season without any other losses. And then we continue the year undefeated, blowing out the competition through another championship. We'd be crazy high in the computers, and I'd have to think we keep getting AP votes to stay in the top 25. Maybe even some real Heisman buzz for Lance.

Oh... that also means we'd have the longest D-I winning streak in history, surpassing Oklahoma. We'd also have roughly a top-3 active win streak against FBS foes.

Okay... some of this might be a little far-fetched. (Or is it???)

If we beat Oregon it will be that they are super overrated
    Then if they somehow beat OSU they would say "Well if we had play against you like we did OSU, we'd kill you." Same song and dance.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Terrell Hall will be a redshirt freshman. From the things I heard about him from Coach K this year he may have an opportunity to start at CB.

Also love the idea of getting Kaczor on the field more next year. Do you make him a safety, or an outside backer? However, he is a hybrid type guy that plays a ton of nickel, sure is a nice player to utilize like that.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Hoping to see Javier Derritt emerge at DT. I think he has the potential to be a Nate Tanguay like 4 year starter at that position. I also think Will Moestert is going to be a freshman beast at DE.

Quote Originally Posted by 16>1 View Post
    Terrell Hall will be a redshirt freshman. From the things I heard about him from Coach K this year he may have an opportunity to start at CB.

Also love the idea of getting Kaczor on the field more next year. Do you make him a safety, or an outside backer? However, he is a hybrid type guy that plays a ton of nickel, sure is a nice player to utilize like that.
    I agree on Kaczor, would love to see more of that speed all over the field, doesn't matter where.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Here is my completely un-educated hopes and dreams

- Trey needs to keep developing his passing game. It seemed like he was given pretty limited read responsibilities (I suspect many of his plays are "here read these two options based on the defense, if not run).
    - I hope the O Line gets back to mauling people. It seems like our ability to move people out of the way wasn't as great as it has in years past, which translated into issues running up the middle.
    - Running Back involvement needs to improve. These guys need to carry more of the load, or Trey will be a cripple by the time he is a senior.
    - Defensive Front Seven - Needs to shore up against the run.
    -Coaching - Roehl needs to continue to develop. My completely uneducated gut tells me that the staff is good at planning, but needs work making adjustments during the game.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I agree on Kaczor, would love to see more of that speed all over the field, doesn't matter where.
    He is a really good tackler.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Which true freshmen went over the four game limit and will be sophomores? I know someone has been keeping track of that.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    Which true freshmen went over the four game limit and will be sophomores? I know someone has been keeping track of that.
    Kobe Johnson
    Julian Wlodarczyk
    Luke Weerts
    Griffin Crosa
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    He is a really good tackler.
    I would like to see him and jabril at the outside lb spots. So much speed and ability to cover. Any chance weerts gets on the mlb. Not sure how fast he is but Hankey isn’t the fastest guy out there.