Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Early thoughts on 2020 season

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Early thoughts on 2020 season

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Sure you have......wife of Pa Kittle; Ma and Pa Kittle...…..believe they live in Washington.
    Oh now I remember! Silly me.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Could nexts years offense be the best we have ever seen? Hopefully open the playbook and not have to rely on trey running so much. Who fills the right guard spot? Do they move volson inside and have sundel play rt? I am really excited to see braylon in the slot. Seemed to make some good plays against Montana state and threw some great blocks. I hope talbert can be a lock down cb to open up the blitz package.
    IMO no question this offense will rewrite record books. Calling it now, ahead of ‘96 Marshall, which included the likes of sophomore Chad Pennington and freshman Randy Moss.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    No way NDSU would beat a team with George Kittle, Desmond King, Jaleel Johnson, CJ Beathard.
    But don't you remember...Bison didn't win, (insert name here) lost because they didn't play their best game.

I think we need to be careful what we wish for with the "open up the offense" business. It reminds me a lot of Carson's senior year when the offense took a turn towards finesse instead of physical. A lot of people were predicting the best offense ever, which the offense did do fairly well but couldn't get it done when it counted and cost us two regular season losses. Once Carson got hurt we had to go back to the "old" ways of physical ball control offense and the Bison ran the table.

So that being said I hope we focus on the physical running game with our good backs and the play action pass game. That will be a very tough offense to stop.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    100% this. I don't at all understand the continued criticism of the QB of our Defense and one of the best and leading tacklers on the team.
    I don’t get it either. Everyone points out his lack of speed. Kid leads the team in tackles I think, what more do you want? He’s named the smartest guy in Frisco, no one mentions it. He’s a ND kid, grew up wanting to be a Bison, he’s a Bison and the starting MLB. I’m happy about it.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    5 catches, 110 yards, long of 51. They should have thrown to him more.
    Probably. Tyler Lockett and Antonio Brown both had 100 yards I believe in their respective games. Moral of story is it takes more than their top players doing their thing

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I think we need to be careful what we wish for with the "open up the offense" business. It reminds me a lot of Carson's senior year when the offense took a turn towards finesse instead of physical. A lot of people were predicting the best offense ever, which the offense did do fairly well but couldn't get it done when it counted and cost us two regular season losses. Once Carson got hurt we had to go back to the "old" ways of physical ball control offense and the Bison ran the table.

So that being said I hope we focus on the physical running game with our good backs and the play action pass game. That will be a very tough offense to stop.
    I hear you but I’m talking about using a pass to a 6-6 TE for 3 yards rather than trying a QB sneak. If running is working than fine. If it’s not we have to incorporate the pass game in a creative way with the TEs included. Dink and dunk with some rushing all the way down the field. No Wentz esc trying too much with the arm and not rushing Trey 30 times. I don’t I think we have a hell of a chance to win that game.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    IMO no question this offense will rewrite record books. Calling it now, ahead of ‘96 Marshall, which included the likes of sophomore Chad Pennington and freshman Randy Moss.
    Slight clarification needed here. While Pennington was, in fact, a member of the 1996 Marshall football team, he did not play. He redshirted that season. Eric Kresser was the starting quarterback in '96.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post

Quoted for truth.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    No way NDSU would beat a team with George Kittle, Desmond King, Jaleel Johnson, CJ Beathard.
    How dare you forget about my man Josey Jewell.