Page 47 of 90 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

35cc7f5b5d706cd9029d2f190f91aa3d.jpg

That's like wild, man, real wild.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I thought this was a pretty wild stat:

JMU's rush defense prior to the natty had allowed (in 15 games) 413 rushes for 916 yards (2.2 ypc) and 7 TDs

JMU's rush defense in the natty allowed 45 rushes for 281 yards (6.2 ypc) and 4 TDs
    yeah but if you take away the Fake field goal, the reverse and the 44 yard run by lance... they held us to like.... only a 100yds soooo... Another Natty comin back to the BURGH
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

We suck....
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

JMU's rush defense prior to the natty had allowed (in 15 games) 413 rushes for 916 yards (2.2 ypc) and 7 TDs

JMU's rush defense in the natty allowed 45 rushes for 281 yards (6.2 ypc) and 4 TDs
    I think I remember saying something like their schedule not impressing me a week or so ago.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Obviously, Professor, you don't understand that JMU actually out physicaled the Bison; that those YPC and TDs given up by the best defense in the FCS during the Natty were part of Coach C's game plan to wear out the Bison RBs and force a passing game. Oh, wait, it was JMU the was doing all the passing. It would have worked, but they ran out of time.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Not sure this has been posted in this thread or anywhere else, but the following is a really good complete summary of the Bison football Dynasty over the past 10 years. Most of the same information, but some interesting points and comparisons. https://medium.com/sportsraid/sorry-...p-dbbd6b8eab49

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    yeah but if you take away the Fake field goal, the reverse and the 44 yard run by lance... they held us to like.... only a 100yds soooo... Another Natty comin back to the BURGH
    Dont forget the obvious missed holds on every Lance run. The missed DPI on every stapleton in completion and the ridiculous DPI that was called against the Bison receivers cuz the refs had money on the game. Take all that away and they would have won

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Obviously, Professor, you don't understand that JMU actually out physicaled the Bison; that those YPC and TDs given up by the best defense in the FCS during the Natty were part of Coach C's game plan to wear out the Bison RBs and force a passing game. Oh, wait, it was JMU the was doing all the passing. It would have worked, but they ran out of time.
    They would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for those mettling kids!

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Jeff’s catch phrase seems to be “GET IN THERE BABY!!!!”

Iunno, I could get used to it...
    Is that what it is? I've been trying to figure out what that gibberish is all season.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    You don't go for 2 until you absolutely need it. Otherwise, you take your team out of the game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    You're focusing on being down 9 with 6 minutes to go if you miss the first one, but you should be worried about being down 2 with :05 to go if you miss the 2nd one. That's the whole point. You go for it the first time so that if you miss you have time to adjust your strategy instead of being completely screwed.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.