Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

I don’t care how many carries Lance had. When you’re in the Kentucky Derby, you ride your horse.

And the decision to go for and complete the successful fake field goal, coupled with the eventual win, puts Entz in the pantheon of great coaching calls of all-time.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    WDAYs post game show is awful.

It still says pre game show
    And there's a guy in a jacket with all the national championships on it. He's going to have to put another one on there.

Lardsin must go!

If this keeps up, we're gonna get spoiled.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Don't get me wrong. 4th and 2, there's only one guy I wanted with the ball.

It's the calls leading up to that 4th and 2 that frustrated me.
    The fourth and 2 as still a pretty bad call. If you want to run Trey, that is fine, but don't go with a bunch formation and try to run it right up the middle. Either have him try to sprint around the corner, or go 3 or 4 wide and spread them out and let Trey pick a hole. That play had no chance of succeeding.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    1) Trey Lance is good at football. I said he deserved the Payton all year, I didn't think he'd actually get it after they screwed Easton last year but wow. Greatest season of an NDSU player ever. 3 more years of this seems unfair. 30 carries for 166 today but not the player of the game imo. More on that later.
    2) That 17 play half a quarter drive to start the game out made me nervous. We answered well. Trey put the team on his back and literally carried us. I spent the whole first half singing the praises of TR and cursing him the second half. Aside from that one pass up the seam didn't we end the game with like 7 straight Lance runs? Predictable to a fault.
    3) If you tell me before the game that Trey runs 30 times and Watson's only touch goes for -12 yards I'd have said we probably lose. Safe to say our approach on offense was not what JMU prepared for.
    4) I don't like JMU. Some of their fans seem ok but for the most part they're the new UNI for me. Fun to hate. With that being said they didn't quit. They fought hard and when it mattered their QB just made a bad decision on a play that never should have been called IMO. They run it inside there they probably score.
    5) Hendricks is player of the game for me. That fake field goal was cold. That's the different with Entz from Bohl/CK imo. Neither of those guys have the guts to call that play. Hendricks houses it and then seals the game with a pick. Part of me selfishly wanted him to run that back, by the way. I felt it was a fitting end given the special on his family on the pregame. Magical stuff.
    6) Cox took a snap at running back? He had a few huge plays, reminding me again that his closing speed is unlike anything we've seen at NDSU. He'll only get better. Which is scary.
    7) Stupid penalties again. Has to end next year but the team will be more mature. Think about how young this team is, then make your Frisco reservations for next year.
    8) Phoenix Sproles, welcome back. I wish we'd have sprinkled in more of those plays in the second half.
    9) Thank you seniors.
    10) The streak continues. Oregon, we're coming.
    Boehl did call the fake punt in the first title game that jump started the Bison do the win.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    The fourth and 2 as still a pretty bad call. If you want to run Trey, that is fine, but don't go with a bunch formation and try to run it right up the middle. Either have him try to sprint around the corner, or go 3 or 4 wide and spread them out and let Trey pick a hole. That play had no chance of succeeding.
    WE MADE BAD CALLS!!!! And we still win the game against the VAUNTED JMU!!!
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

The entire game I was expecting the Bison to pick one. The timing was perfect when it happened.

how about Bridges giving up only 1 reception to Polk

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Boehl did call the fake punt in the first title game that jump started the Bison do the win.
    I don't know if that's comparable. Don't get me wrong, it's one of the most important plays in NDSU history but we needed a spark and got it.

If you give Bohl that same situation with the opportunity to go up 7 on a team that is moving the ball well. I think he takes that field goal 10/10 times.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    how about Bridges giving up only 1 reception to Polk
    Yes holy shit to this.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery