Page 37 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    Do we know for sure who is screaming that? It’s not clear if it’s the coaches or a fan in the stands. It’s also not clear if the voice is calling out the play or just hoping for an interception.
    If I remember correctly it was before the play and if it was a fan they would at least be betting it was a pass.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    If I remember correctly it was before the play and if it was a fan they would at least be betting it was a pass.
    They said on the insiders that it was Easton on the sideline calling out to watch for the pick play, which it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    Do we know for sure who is screaming that? It’s not clear if it’s the coaches or a fan in the stands. It’s also not clear if the voice is calling out the play or just hoping for an interception.
    I was wondering the same thing. Seems to clear and close to be a coach. I was thinking maybe one of the players was yelling it. Maybe even Hendricks since he knew what was happening

For purely selfish reasons, I wanted Hendricks to House that last pick- it appears he would have had over a 50% of getting it.

Can you imagine how freaking NUTS it would be to seal the game with a 100yd Pick Six? Oh LAWDY I would have fainted in pure, JMU-Schadenfreude-related pleasure.

It is already a incredible play that will never be forgotten, but it could have been ARGUABLY the single greatest moment in Natty history
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Bizon28 View Post
    They said on the insiders that it was Easton on the sideline calling out to watch for the pick play, which it was.
    Wow are you serious? I tuned in too late! haha thats awesome
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I don't know much about Curt Cignetti, but I do know he was completely out coached during that game. Examples:

1. They were dominating our tackles with the inside run game; why so little it it in the second half? Particularly the last play? (they still had timeouts)
    2. Speaking of time, they wasted way too much of it at the end. More time available and they could have had a lot more options on what to do with more plays to do it.
    3. Fake field goal; 'nough said.
    4. No ability to really slow Trey and the WR deep game down other than tackling receivers.

Just quick thoughts; if I was a JMU fan, I'd be asking hard questions.
    5. Man-to-man coverage on Trey's 3rd and 23 TD run

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Deep down there is a part of me that would like to have seen Jimmy Football take it down the field and then take a knee at the JMU 1. I do understand that the Nooch was gonna run him down though.
    I already stated that I selfishly wanted him to house it... but the other part of me wanted him to specifically seek out the Nooch and bury him lol, could you imagine if he had truck sticked the nooch on the way for a touchdown HAHAHAHAHAHA
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Wow are you serious? I tuned in too late! haha thats awesome
    That is what I thought I heard them say.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    For purely selfish reasons, I wanted Hendricks to House that last pick- it appears he would have had over a 50% of getting it.

Can you imagine how freaking NUTS it would be to seal the game with a 100yd Pick Six? Oh LAWDY I would have fainted in pure, JMU-Schadenfreude-related pleasure.

It is already a incredible play that will never be forgotten, but it could have been ARGUABLY the single greatest moment in Natty history
    As it stands you can still make that argument along with Thorton's pick.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    As it stands you can still make that argument along with Thorton's pick.
    I would give "Honorable Mention" to Beck's INT that ended with the Superman leap for the goal line versus Sam Houston.