Page 29 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I disagree on the blind side call. One, it’s wasn’t. Happened right in front of me. You’re seeing it from behind. Two: The way you’re interpreting and applying the rule means defender (in this case) gets free reign on not keeping his head on a swivel. There has to be some accountability on defender because, after all, there are 21 other players on the field, over half of which are his enemies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's exactly what the rule is for. Defenders pursuing the runner need to keep focused on the runner. Blockers know that so they take advantage and blow them up. When blocking outside the focus of the defender it takes very little contact to take them out of the play. This is exactly the kind of block this new rule was designed to eliminate. In this case you could also make a case for unnecessary roughness regardless of blindsided because he's not going to make a play as the runner is in or about to score so there is no reason to even block him.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Did anyone else see that JMU’s #3 was nice enough to come over and shove Jimmie when he was down?
    I couldn’t tell what he was doing over there, but isn’t that Polk? I just thought he was trying to get out of there after the swarm of celebration engulfed him.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I couldn’t tell what he was doing over there, but isn’t that Polk? I just thought he was trying to get out of there after the swarm of celebration engulfed him.
    He got an assist from a ref. No big deal, I just thought it was interesting.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    That's exactly what the rule is for. Defenders pursuing the runner need to keep focused on the runner. Blockers know that so they take advantage and blow them up. When blocking outside the focus of the defender it takes very little contact to take them out of the play. This is exactly the kind of block this new rule was designed to eliminate. In this case you could also make a case for unnecessary roughness regardless of blindsided because he's not going to make a play as the runner is in or about to score so there is no reason to even block him.

A blind side block is when a blocker approaches the defender from the back or the side. 67 was farther up field! What replay are you watching? 6 wasn't in the endzone either.

Lardsin must go!

It's just a man shoving a boy.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Good lord, what is radunz gonna run in the 40? Watch the video...when he turns upfield he plants at about the 39. Hauls ass and blows up a d back near the goal line....

Pretty sure that same boy got blindsided by Trey Lance.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I don't think he did. I think DiNucci had a clear edge on him at about the 30 yard line.
    Even better, let jimmy run his ass over to finish the game to show him how much more physical they were

The nooch needs to go watch josh hayes dominate the te Stapleton to make a solo tackle on the wr Stapleton by himself mid third quarter....blocker has 50 pounds on him...underrated play in the game.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    A blind side block is when a blocker approaches the defender from the back or the side. 67 was farther up field! What replay are you watching? 6 wasn't in the endzone either.
    That is not the definition of a blind side block. I'll get the rule book definition when I have a chance.