Page 13 of 90 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Lol you lost because you're not as good as the Bison. JMU was a very good team this year. We outcoached them and simply made more plays. Nice throw 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategery View Post
    Was anyone else not happy that we didn’t try to score before the end of the 1st half? We had two minutes and all the momentum and just kinda let the clock run. Pretty sure if we go into the half up 28-10 the game is already over.
    Well if you dont get the 3rd down right away they have 50 seconds with the ball back. Thought we shouldve thrown a hail mary though.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am confused did he just try the heads I win tails you lose thing in that press conference.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Trey averaged just a shade over 9 rushes per game coming into today with a high game of 18 vs the Jacks.

30 carries in a single game for a quarterback is just nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Trey averaged just a shade over 9 rushes per game coming into today with a high game of 18 vs the Jacks.

Entz said the CAA doesn't have running QBs and JMU didn't see one all year. By the time they cover everyone, there is no one left for the QB. They never dropped a spy because someone else would have opened up. Basically, it sounds like JMU took their chance the Bison coaching staff would think running Lance 30 times would be crazy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trey is what won the game for us, but would have liked to have seen a more balanced attack like we've had in years past. Not that I'm any expert on the matter but it seems as though our defensive line, running game, and punt and kickoff return players aren't quite at the level they once were. Though I guess winning another natty means they can't be all that bad.

Love beating The East Coast Elitists...can't stand them. This game wore me out...screaming, cheering, tension at the end. So much fun though. Didouchebag's comments after? Not surprising, but still pathetic. He throws a crap pass to end his career and this is what he comes up with. Don't understand giving to ball to Jabril Cox, his first carry all year, from our ten yard line...that's one complaint I have. Fatigued? No...I will never grow tired of beating The Elitists.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post

As much as we have had problems with running quarterbacks....ironic isn't it.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Well done, smelly Bisons! You were the better team today. I think the difference was coaching, which was the last thing I expected to be a game-changer, especially pairing a novice like Entz against a proven vet like Cignetti. Yet, you kicked our asses in that department.

What I don't understand is we were running the ball successfully, but for some fucked up reason, our coaches said, "Yeah, we better get away from that and start winging the ball all over the field against a stellar pass D." STUPID!

Then, on the last play of the game, I have no explanation why a coach with a stud like Latrele Palmer in the backfield, who averaged 5.5 yards per tote (that's a first down every other play), would not run the ball with 8 seconds left and two timeouts, needing only three yards for a touchdown. Instead, the play called was a pass with a high probability of being intercepted since all of the d-backs didn't have to worry about the long threat, creating a traffic jam in the endzone. Latele should have 20+ totes per game instead of being held in reserve and only coming in in the second half. Use him! But, no, let's wait until we are down 21-10, then try to use him to claw our way back into the game. STUPID!

Kudos to you smelly bastards! We will fight again!

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post
    Trey is what won the game for us, but would have liked to have seen a more balanced attack like we've had in years past. Not that I'm any expert on the matter but it seems as though our defensive line, running game, and punt and kickoff return players aren't quite at the level they once were. Though I guess winning another natty means they can't be all that bad.
    This program just beat a school with half of its roster FBS transfers. I know NDSU doesn't normally operate like that so we probably don't appreciate the level of athleticism JMU really has. There are a lot of reasons why these young men transfer but generally athletic ability is not one of them.

This might have been the best team the Bison has faced at the FCS level. Better than the Georgia Southern program. Better than EWU. Way better than SHSU. 16-0 in the best conference that has spent a decade recruiting and coaching to beat you. Every top FCS program using NDSU's program as a template except for the transfer method.

All that being said, this Bison team is as good as any at anytime. Were there better individuals at certain times? Maybe, but the team is not dropping. The top programs around them are getting better.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk