Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

1) Trey Lance is good at football. I said he deserved the Payton all year, I didn't think he'd actually get it after they screwed Easton last year but wow. Greatest season of an NDSU player ever. 3 more years of this seems unfair. 30 carries for 166 today but not the player of the game imo. More on that later.
    2) That 17 play half a quarter drive to start the game out made me nervous. We answered well. Trey put the team on his back and literally carried us. I spent the whole first half singing the praises of TR and cursing him the second half. Aside from that one pass up the seam didn't we end the game with like 7 straight Lance runs? Predictable to a fault.
    3) If you tell me before the game that Trey runs 30 times and Watson's only touch goes for -12 yards I'd have said we probably lose. Safe to say our approach on offense was not what JMU prepared for.
    4) I don't like JMU. Some of their fans seem ok but for the most part they're the new UNI for me. Fun to hate. With that being said they didn't quit. They fought hard and when it mattered their QB just made a bad decision on a play that never should have been called IMO. They run it inside there they probably score.
    5) Hendricks is player of the game for me. That fake field goal was cold. That's the different with Entz from Bohl/CK imo. Neither of those guys have the guts to call that play. Hendricks houses it and then seals the game with a pick. Part of me selfishly wanted him to run that back, by the way. I felt it was a fitting end given the special on his family on the pregame. Magical stuff.
    6) Cox took a snap at running back? He had a few huge plays, reminding me again that his closing speed is unlike anything we've seen at NDSU. He'll only get better. Which is scary.
    7) Stupid penalties again. Has to end next year but the team will be more mature. Think about how young this team is, then make your Frisco reservations for next year.
    8) Phoenix Sproles, welcome back. I wish we'd have sprinkled in more of those plays in the second half.
    9) Thank you seniors.
    10) The streak continues. Oregon, we're coming.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

One more thought on Lance. 3rd and 23 was a back breaking play. He looked like a man amongst boys out there at times.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Since day 1 we heard about Jimmy’s football IQ absolutely clutch in his final college football play. Such a phenomenal read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    One more thought on Lance. 3rd and 23 was a back breaking play. He looked like a man amongst boys out there at times.
    And this play made Tyler call number 5 again and again. The way Tyler called number 5's number you'd almost think the guy had won the Walter Payton award or Jerry rice or something.

Lardsin must go!

JMU's final play call was pretty dumb I thought. They had 8 seconds and 2 timeouts.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    And this play made Tyler call number 5 again and again. The way Tyler called number 5's number you'd almost think the guy had won the Walter Payton award or Jerry rice or something.
    Don't get me wrong. 4th and 2, there's only one guy I wanted with the ball.

It's the calls leading up to that 4th and 2 that frustrated me.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trey Lance is obscenely good at football.

Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Zero picks, title game MVP, and 16-0. Easily the greatest FCS QB season in history.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    JMU's final play call was pretty dumb I thought. They had 8 seconds and 2 timeouts.
    Yeah was expecting that little screen to Stapleton

Lardsin must go!

Excellent first half by the Bison

A middling second half - nearly frittered away the game.

Overall - Congratulations Bison, happy for you.

What to learn from this game: gotta keep the play calling unpredictable for the whole game, not just the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Don't get me wrong. 4th and 2, there's only one guy I wanted with the ball.

It's the calls leading up to that 4th and 2 that frustrated me.
    Yeah I believe it was 4 or 5 Trey runs before that play

Lardsin must go!