Page 14 of 90 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Maybe, but the team is not dropping. The top programs around them are getting better.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I’m hesitant to default to that conclusion just because we’re Bison fans. That sounds like something I’d see from Jax State fans as they fade into mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    Well done, smelly Bisons! You were the better team today. I think the difference was coaching, which was the last thing I expected to be a game-changer, especially pairing a novice like Entz against a proven vet like Cignetti. Yet, you kicked our asses in that department.

What I don't understand is we were running the ball successfully, but for some fucked up reason, our coaches said, "Yeah, we better get away from that and start winging the ball all over the field against a stellar pass D." STUPID!

Then, on the last play of the game, I have no explanation why a coach with a stud like Latrele Palmer in the backfield, who averaged 5.5 yards per tote (that's a first down every other play), would not run the ball with 8 seconds left and two timeouts, needing only three yards for a touchdown. Instead, the play called was a pass with a high probability of being intercepted since all of the d-backs didn't have to worry about the long threat, creating a traffic jam in the endzone. Latele should have 20+ totes per game instead of being held in reserve and only coming in in the second half. Use him! But, no, let's wait until we are down 21-10, then try to use him to claw our way back into the game. STUPID!

Kudos to you smelly bastards! We will fight again!
    I truly hope we meet again. I want a home & home in the next few years. You have just enough fans who are respectful and knowledgeable vs idiots to make the matchup fun. I won’t tell you which category you fall in...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I truly hope we meet again. I want a home & home in the next few years. You have just enough fans who are respectful and knowledgeable vs idiots to make the matchup fun. I won’t tell you which category you fall in...
    The matchup is fun because the team is very good. Fans don’t matter...though they would make life miserable if their team won

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    The matchup is fun because the team is very good. Fans don’t matter...though they would make life miserable if their team won
    Depends where you’re sitting. On the edge of their allotment there was quite a few “incidences”.

Cignettis proven what? so he's coached at pud state before his first year at JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    Well done, smelly Bisons! You were the better team today. I think the difference was coaching, which was the last thing I expected to be a game-changer, especially pairing a novice like Entz against a proven vet like Cignetti. Yet, you kicked our asses in that department.

What I don't understand is we were running the ball successfully, but for some fucked up reason, our coaches said, "Yeah, we better get away from that and start winging the ball all over the field against a stellar pass D." STUPID!

Then, on the last play of the game, I have no explanation why a coach with a stud like Latrele Palmer in the backfield, who averaged 5.5 yards per tote (that's a first down every other play), would not run the ball with 8 seconds left and two timeouts, needing only three yards for a touchdown. Instead, the play called was a pass with a high probability of being intercepted since all of the d-backs didn't have to worry about the long threat, creating a traffic jam in the endzone. Latele should have 20+ totes per game instead of being held in reserve and only coming in in the second half. Use him! But, no, let's wait until we are down 21-10, then try to use him to claw our way back into the game. STUPID!

Kudos to you smelly bastards! We will fight again!
    Thanks for the post. No doubt in my mind JMU was the best team we played all year.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Tough pill to swallow right now but congrats to the Bison. Lance is truly special. Amazing calls by your coaches at critical moments. You guys will be hard to beat over the next few years but don’t think we won’t be trying. Had a blast hanging w the Bison fans. Great people. Beat Oregon next year. Will be awesome for FCS football and I’ll be rooting for you!

Till next year, Go Dukes!

Why wasn’t Crosa kicking?

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Cignettis proven what? so he's coached at pud state before his first year at JMU.
    Dude is a total nick Saban wannabe. Just looks like a total dork on the sideline.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    Dude is a total nick Saban wannabe. Just looks like a total dork on the sideline.
    It is a good feeling when you see the opponents coach frustrated on the sideline yelling at assistants.

Lardsin must go!