Page 66 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Somebody already mentioned Hankey's 17 tackles in the title game (10 solo) - not sure anybody mentioned that he lead the team in tackles in every playoff game though.
    He also led the team in tackles for the season with 127 (55 solo). Tutsie was second with 105 (46 solo).
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Somebody already mentioned Hankey's 17 tackles in the title game (10 solo) - not sure anybody mentioned that he lead the team in tackles in every playoff game though.
    His progression from the first half of the year was better than I expected him to do. I was not a fan early on but he had s heck of a playoff.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I keep watching this play by Hayes. Pre-snap (keep in mind JMU was going fast on O) he waves for help because he knows he is on an island against two receivers way bigger than him and has no help. He absolutely manhandles the first Stapleton and form tackles the second one (like TBeck did to the two 6’5” guys in the downtown Fargo parking lot). IOW, don’t back a Bison into a corner, cuz you’re gonna get beat—what an incredible, physical play by Hayes (payback to Stapleton for Hayes’ first Natty against him as a true freshmen). Can’t tell you how impressive (and important) this play was/is). Did any JMU player make a play even close to comparable as this?

https://twitter.com/jpfingsten/statu...238941185?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty much textbook on the part of Hayes...….Awesome!!!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

I keep watching this play by Hayes. Pre-snap (keep in mind JMU was going fast on O) he waves for help because he knows he is on an island against two receivers way bigger than him and has no help. He absolutely manhandles the first Stapleton and form tackles the second one (like TBeck did to the two 6’5” guys in the downtown Fargo parking lot). IOW, don’t back a Bison into a corner, cuz you’re gonna get beat—what an incredible, physical play by Hayes (payback to Stapleton for Hayes’ first Natty against him as a true freshmen). Can’t tell you how impressive (and important) this play was/is). Did any JMU player make a play even close to comparable as this?

Is there another level above manhandle?? How about Full Beast Mode. Hayes basically shook D. Stapelton side to side and then threw him to his left and spun him around in the air, all before supermaning R. Stapelton. Oh yeah, by the way, both Stapelton brothers are 6'5 and weigh 230 and 254. Josh Hays is 5'11 and weighs 186.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Yeah but he's slow and not very good according to some.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Is there another level above manhandle?? How about Full Beast Mode. Hayes basically shook D. Stapelton side to side and then threw him to his left and spun him around in the air, all before supermaning R. Stapelton. Oh yeah, by the way, both Stapelton brothers are 6'5 and weigh 230 and 254. Josh Hays is 5'11 and weighs 186.
    I have a question. Why aren’t we talking about Marquise Bridges? Why did the Raepletons not try to pick on him?

Too tough? So they just decided to go after Josh “oh you want a piece of me?” Hayes?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Thanks for posting this. This really impressed me when I watched the game live. Unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I have a question. Why aren’t we talking about Marquise Bridges? Why did the Raepletons not try to pick on him?

Too tough? So they just decided to go after Josh “oh you want a piece of me?” Hayes?
    JMU was definitely attempting to isolate Hayes! There is history there. Now there is new history. Just awesome!!

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

JMU was definitely attempting to isolate Hayes! There is history there. Now there is new history. Just awesome!!
    According to Jimmy Football's interview on 1660AM, he (Hendricks) got caught out of position with the JMU hurry up tempo. He was suppose to be over there with Hayes, but got there too late. When you watch the film, you can see Hendricks making a mad dash to get over to Hayes but the play is over before Hendricks gets there.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Oooooooooooops!
    Don't believe everything you think.