Page 57 of 90 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Down by 16? JMU was down by 15? I’m down for them kicking there at that time. Gave them a better chance to extend the game.
    Yeah, I agree with that. I agreed with almost NOTHING Cignetti did for the rest of the game, but I did agree with kicking the PAT in that case. If JMU goes for two, and fails, game over. If they make it, they are down by 8 and live to fight on. The team is motivated and still has a chance to win in OT.

Here is my list of totally fucking bizarre coaching decisions by JMU....

1. From the first series, we were running the ball at will. Why was it necessary for DiNucci to throw 33 passes? Stupid!

2. DiNucci can run and mess up a defensive game plan the same way Lance can. It just didn't happen. Coaching!

3. Eight seconds left in the game with a chance to send it into overtime and we have a 230-pound bulldozer in the backfield and we call a passing play into a crowded endzone? Really? Stupid! With two plays left, JMU would have gotten those 3 yards running the ball. Latrele Palmer should have had 20+ carries in the game. It's bizarre to me. Palmer is a special back. If you thought Abdullah was a badass, wait until you see more of this guy. Just a true freshman, I hope we can keep him four years.

4. Cignetti was totally unprepared for the fake field goal even though your kicker had not attempted a single field goal all year. Stupid!

5. Hat's off to your rookie coach. He kicked the ass of a seasoned veteran with big-time BCS experience.

OK, this is officially a rivalry. May we take it to the next level (FBS). I am sick to tears of FCS!

I agree with almost everything you posted with one exception. DiNucci might be able to run but nowhere close to Lance.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    I want to comment on this. When we left the field, we went up through the JMU section and out by the JMU parking lot. Walking through their stadium section was abhorrent! Their area was completely littered with streamers and confetti and trash. You could take a peek down every aisle and see very clearly where the JMU fans sat and where the NDSU fans sat (towards ends). It was disgusting.

Then, walking on the North side of the stadium, the parking lot trees were full of streamers, which I'd highly doubt were cleared off. It was a disgusting area and once again, their fanbase is low class when it comes to cleaning up after themselves.
    GFY. There are people who actually get paid to clean up the lots. It is all included in the price you paid for your ticket. If you want to lick your tailgate area clean, that is your business, but remember you are putting someone out of work.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    GFY. There are people who actually get paid to clean up the lots. It is all included in the price you paid for your ticket. If you want to lick your tailgate area clean, that is your business, but remember you are putting someone out of work.
    Like I said. Fucking trash.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Man, you are a dick.

You can still be a respectful person and organize your trash to make it easier on the people cleaning up after you. They get paid either way.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    I find it somewhat comical that this attached article specifically mentions the number of transfers that are starters. JMU fans go into instant defensive mode when that’s mentioned, and here it is coming directly from some local JMU publication.

Yeah, I agree with that. I agreed with almost NOTHING Cignetti did for the rest of the game, but I did agree with kicking the PAT in that case. If JMU goes for two, and fails, game over. If they make it, they are down by 8 and live to fight on. The team is motivated and still has a chance to win in OT.

1. From the first series, we were running the ball at will. Why was it necessary for DiNucci to throw 33 passes? Stupid!

2. DiNucci can run and mess up a defensive game plan the same way Lance can. It just didn't happen. Coaching!

3. Eight seconds left in the game with a chance to send it into overtime and we have a 230-pound bulldozer in the backfield and we call a passing play into a crowded endzone? Really? Stupid! With two plays left, JMU would have gotten those 3 yards running the ball. Latrele Palmer should have had 20+ carries in the game. It's bizarre to me. Palmer is a special back. If you thought Abdullah was a badass, wait until you see more of this guy. Just a true freshman, I hope we can keep him four years.

4. Cignetti was totally unprepared for the fake field goal even though your kicker had not attempted a single field goal all year. Stupid!

5. Hat's off to your rookie coach. He kicked the ass of a seasoned veteran with big-time BCS experience.

OK, this is officially a rivalry. May we take it to the next level (FBS). I am sick to tears of FCS!
    I pretty much agree with all of this. I had a good time talking with some JMU fans before the game—they were solid. I told them the stretch/zone runs/blocking scheme you run would give us nightmares.

Don’t understand why you didn’t exploit, but so goes college football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

The Dukes recorded 74 net yards rushing on 22 attempts in the first half (3.36 ypc): 3.6 yards per carry for the game total.
    DiNucci was 11-16 passing in the first half (5-5 for 41 yards and a touchdown on the first drive).

That 17 play opening drive was impressive for JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Man, you are a dick.

You can still be a respectful person and organize your trash to make it easier on the people cleaning up after you. They get paid either way.
    No, you're a dick. Do you get paid when there is no work to do? Think about it.

You can volunteer to work the snack bar or wand ticketholders or wash cars for free in the tailgate lots or pick purple and gold streamers out of the trees. I really don't give a shit. But the fact is people already get paid to do that, so be as stupid as you want. No one really cares.
    Last edited by bulldogg; 01-16-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Plus, I was in NDSU lots after the game and it was embarrassing. All kinds of garbage laying around.

Picked up what I could, but still a disgusting/entitled mess.

Global warming ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.