Page 43 of 90 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

False.....
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Thanks for the congratulations. I think you folks got out-coached in this one.
    I agree. It was a head scratcher. You know job #1 is to stop the QB run, but you don’t change anything defensively to match NDSU’s jumbo sets. Also, having no spy on Lance seemed arrogant. The D-line was very good all year, but you can’t expect them to beat 5, 6 or 7 blockers on passing downs and contain a mobile QB.

I don’t blame Entz one bit for running Lance that much. Cignetti refused to match personnel the entire game. I would have enjoyed seeing Lance being forced to pass more because I know he is a good passer. We didn’t get to see much of that and why would we if the QB run is being effective.
    [I]September 11, 2010 JMU 21 #13Virginia Tech 16[/I]

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How do you know a fake reverse is legit? There are at least 9 JMU guys who either had to do their job and contain the fake or took false steps because their eyes told them the ball was going the other way. Also when you have 4 or 5 OL/TE's lead blocking way down field and basically getting to the end zone as fast as Sproles, that's a pretty good sign too.

The performance of the line on that play was unreal.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Going for two earlier and failing is deflating for the offense and crushes the momentum you have. It's an instance where the math says one thing but the momentum said another.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Wrong on every level. Idk why anyone would believe this. It's not complicated to understand.

Assuming the two point conversion fails, would you rather be aware of that reality with 6 minutes left or with 6 seconds left?
    You never turn a one score game back into a two score game. There is nothing logical about doing that. You take your chances with 2 when you've worked your way down to the possible tie. It isn't about knowing what to do if you don't make it, it is about narrowing the amount of moves you have to make. 2 scores and a 2 point conversion will always be easier than 3 scores. Always.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    You never turn a one score game back into a two score game. There is nothing logical about doing that. You take your chances with 2 when you've worked your way down to the possible tie. It isn't about knowing what to do if you don't make it, it is about narrowing the amount of moves you have to make. 2 scores and a 2 point conversion will always be easier than 3 scores. Always.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    This is 110% wrong.
    College of Business Alumnus

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    This is 110% wrong.
    Bahahaha. Dabo says you go for 2

Lardsin must go!

Early 2 pt converted for Clemson. LSU lead down to 3.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

JMU came into the championship game averaging 472 yards of offense per game.

Bison defense held them to 365 yards.

Only West Virginia and Northern Iowa held them to fewer yards (328 and 346)