Page 54 of 90 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Yes JEff's voice goes way up when hes excited, but so did Scottys, haha. Most peoples voices do. Its actually pretty rare to NOT do that. Paul Allen and Chris Fowler are maybe the only 2 that I know of where they DONT do that! I actually think Jeff is pretty good- especially at the play by play aspect. Obviously everyone can improve but (gasp) I also thought the same thing about Scotty.

I also think that JEff could borrow "My oh My" and I dont BELIEVE anyone would scoff. In fact I was expecting it the last 3 title games, and I almost felt "robbed" for not having it in a way
    I agree with your post except for the "My oh My." I wouldn't mind a one-time commemorative use of the phrase, like say, in a climactic moment when we beat Oregon... ... but for continued consistent use, lets leave it with Scotty.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I agree with your post except for the "My oh My." I wouldn't mind a one-time commemorative use of the phrase, like say, in a climactic moment when we beat Oregon... ... but for continued consistent use, lets leave it with Scotty.
    Maybe limit the phrase to once per game. it would be a nice nod to Scotty to use it sparingly.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Yup. “Trot in there baby”.
    Odd choice of verb, "Trot." In this case, it could only apply to TDs where the runner would actually be trotting into the endzone, and wouldn't apply, say, to a TD where Lance trucks a few Dbacks and muscles his way across the goal-line... "Get in there baby" seems more apt to more occasions, but, whatever... I'm not a play by play guy so what do I know?

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Odd choice of verb, "Trot." In this case, it could only apply to TDs where the runner would actually be trotting into the endzone, and wouldn't apply, say, to a TD where Lance trucks a few Dbacks and muscles his way across the goal-line... "Get in there baby" seems more apt to more occasions, but, whatever... I'm not a play by play guy so what do I know?
    Seems like he's still finding his way in the pxp announcing. Wondering if he knows that he's not quite there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Seems like he's still finding his way in the pxp announcing. Wondering if he knows that he's not quite there yet.
    I think he was the guy at a P5 school prior to this? West Virginia maybe? I'd love to hear his calls during some trench domination...

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Scotty Miller was amazing. Culhane does a great job.

I think Jeff does a great job. I remember when he came to NDSU. He was prepared! He talked about past teams and players like he was the one that had been calling the games. If you want a better appreciation of what he does with the Bison games just listen to the radio pxp of the school up north for 10 min.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Yeah I believe it was 4 or 5 Trey runs before that play
    Been reading some of the JMU fan board they are complaining about the holding. I have only watched the first series and Tuscka was held big time on the td play but no mention of that

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    Been reading some of the JMU fan board they are complaining about the holding. I have only watched the first series and Tuscka was held big time on the td play but no mention of that
    Hell, Tuska had a sack where he was held the entire time......

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    Everyone accuses the Bison of holding. I believe audit called it the iron law of fandom.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix