Page 46 of 90 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    I was very surprised to see how little Kobe contributed after the three week layoff. He must still be suffering from the concussion suffered earlier in the playoffs, he just doesn't seem to have the same explosiveness he had earlier in the year. I realize we were heavy on the Trey for this game but Kobe seemed to be a shadow of himself. I, for one, am hoping for a full recovery for this very special young RB.
    Kind off felt like we wanted to rely on our upperclassmen when running... except for Trey. Felt like we only had a few rb runs that were even successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After careful consideration JMU waiting to go for 2 was wrong. My reasoning is simply that at almost every other turn their coach screwed things up.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Finally catching up on twitter after watching last night's game; saw a tweet from "Fake Jimmy Football". It's a poll, and the question is: "When I go to the combine, who should I have throwing me passes?" The choices are:

Easton Stick
    Ben DiNucci

Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    After careful consideration JMU waiting to go for 2 was wrong. My reasoning is simply that at almost every other turn their coach screwed things up.
    If anything, this should be the #1 reason! if the JMU coach did it, then it was clearly wrong

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Kind off felt like we wanted to rely on our upperclassmen when running... except for Trey. Felt like we only had a few rb runs that were even successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RB had 11 carries for 71 yards. Take away the run against Hail Mary D and they still had 10 carries for 52 yards. Against a team that was giving up like 2.5 YPC. The run game was there, they just decided that Trey running was the best option

Anyone know how many yards Trey had on scrambles rather than designed runs?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Finally catching up on twitter after watching last night's game; saw a tweet from "Fake Jimmy Football". It's a poll, and the question is: "When I go to the combine, who should I have throwing me passes?" The choices are:

Easton Stick
    Ben DiNucci

HA, LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLll hahaha
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    RB had 11 carries for 71 yards. Take away the run against Hail Mary D and they still had 10 carries for 52 yards. Against a team that was giving up like 2.5 YPC. The run game was there, they just decided that Trey running was the best option
    Wrong. They out physicalled NDSU all day. Honestly we couldnt stop them in the first half, or the second half really. And then there's the refs, but its not my job to comment on that.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Anyone know how many yards Trey had on scrambles rather than designed runs?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    My quick view of the game has 7 scrambles/sacks for 73

Designed runs 22 for 96

Fumbled handoff 1 for -3

I thought this was a pretty wild stat:

JMU's rush defense prior to the natty had allowed (in 15 games) 413 rushes for 916 yards (2.2 ypc) and 7 TDs

JMU's rush defense in the natty allowed 45 rushes for 281 yards (6.2 ypc) and 4 TDs