Page 40 of 90 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    Do we know for sure who is screaming that? It’s not clear if it’s the coaches or a fan in the stands. It’s also not clear if the voice is calling out the play or just hoping for an interception.
    Speaking of Screaming... on the FAKE Reverse ... the Entire NDSU bench was yelling "REVERSE" and the JMU players listened to them and went to the side of TREY while we faked it and kept running. brilliant
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Speaking of Screaming... on the FAKE Reverse ... the Entire NDSU bench was yelling "REVERSE" and the JMU players listened to them and went to the side of TREY while we faked it and kept running. brilliant
    That is clever. Glad it worked.

Watching the game on DVR, JMU's first drive of the second half...they have a 3rd and 2 at about our 10 yard line. They split the Stapleton boys out to the right....tight end Dylan on the line, with Riley behind him. The ONLY Bison out there with both is Josh Hayes....they throw the quick pass to Riley in the flat and Dylan is blocking little 'ol Josh Hayes. Hayes fights off the block of the much bigger Dylan and tackles Riley for no gain. They get a field goal out of the drive instead of a TD. It was a RIDICULOUS play by Josh Hayes.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    ... as well as the TE passing game start opening up. I felt there was more to be had in the TE game, but coaches must have felt they could Ice the game without changing anything
    I heard the wind (left to right) across the field was a big problem for both teams..... Bison out of bounds kickoff carried right out of bounds and JMU FG carried right over to the upright. The wind made down field passing in both direction difficult if the ball got up very high, hence all the running plays.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    What was with the slow developing “field rush” at the buzzer? Field rush fatigue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We've usually known the game was ours with several minutes left on the clock and we had time to move out of our seats and into the aisles to rush the field ASAP. This time we didn't know it was OURS till Hendricks interception that left 2 seconds on the clock so it took us longer to scramble into position to rush the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    What is NOT arguable is that Beck's INT is still the #1 greatest natty play for me, and I'll argue that all day long, IF, of course, I am in an argumentative mood TO argue with you to begin with, which, I argue, rarely happens with me (arguably). Otherwise, if you continue to argue the point, I'll invite you to join me in a dark downtown alley sometime, where I'll end this ridiculous argument post haste!
    I'd have to agree. I was in the end zone that Beck was running to after his INT, and watching him run towards me....I truly felt the heavens open...heard the angels singing...and knew that God was a Bison fan.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    .... Just quick thoughts; if I was a JMU fan, I'd be asking hard questions.
    We were parked in the JMU tailgate lot. After the game, all you heard from the JMU crowd was "Just RUN the damn ball". Frustration levels were high with the JMU play calling at the end of the game.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Don’t tell dinouche that cause that’s cheating and unsportsmanlike

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    I'd have to agree. I was in the end zone that Beck was running to after his INT, and watching him run towards me....I truly felt the heavens open...heard the angels singing...and knew that God was a Bison fan.
    I know, right??!! For me it was/is as much about the special circumstances and memory than anything else ……………….. 1st Natty in 20 years and what turns out to be the 1st in a long run of Natties, very good opponent (Sammy was unbeaten, right?) driving the ball on us for a potential late lead, small-town North Dakota boy steps up big on the big stage, true effin' freshman to boot (I think that's right, right?), the all-out superman-effort dive by the kid at the end, and the exhilaration of the Herd finally returning to it's rightful place on top …………... all of it, every damn bit of it, holds a special place for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    I know, right??!! For me it was/is as much about the special circumstances and memory than anything else ……………….. 1st Natty in 20 years and what turns out to be the 1st in a long run of Natties, very good opponent (Sammy was unbeaten, right?) driving the ball on us for a potential late lead, small-town North Dakota boy steps up big on the big stage, true effin' freshman to boot (I think that's right, right?), the all-out superman-effort dive by the kid at the end, and the exhilaration of the Herd finally returning to it's rightful place on top …………... all of it, every damn bit of it, holds a special place for me.
    Redshirt Freshman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk