Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Hybrid View

Default JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

1) Trey Lance is good at football. I said he deserved the Payton all year, I didn't think he'd actually get it after they screwed Easton last year but wow. Greatest season of an NDSU player ever. 3 more years of this seems unfair. 30 carries for 166 today but not the player of the game imo. More on that later.
    2) That 17 play half a quarter drive to start the game out made me nervous. We answered well. Trey put the team on his back and literally carried us. I spent the whole first half singing the praises of TR and cursing him the second half. Aside from that one pass up the seam didn't we end the game with like 7 straight Lance runs? Predictable to a fault.
    3) If you tell me before the game that Trey runs 30 times and Watson's only touch goes for -12 yards I'd have said we probably lose. Safe to say our approach on offense was not what JMU prepared for.
    4) I don't like JMU. Some of their fans seem ok but for the most part they're the new UNI for me. Fun to hate. With that being said they didn't quit. They fought hard and when it mattered their QB just made a bad decision on a play that never should have been called IMO. They run it inside there they probably score.
    5) Hendricks is player of the game for me. That fake field goal was cold. That's the different with Entz from Bohl/CK imo. Neither of those guys have the guts to call that play. Hendricks houses it and then seals the game with a pick. Part of me selfishly wanted him to run that back, by the way. I felt it was a fitting end given the special on his family on the pregame. Magical stuff.
    6) Cox took a snap at running back? He had a few huge plays, reminding me again that his closing speed is unlike anything we've seen at NDSU. He'll only get better. Which is scary.
    7) Stupid penalties again. Has to end next year but the team will be more mature. Think about how young this team is, then make your Frisco reservations for next year.
    8) Phoenix Sproles, welcome back. I wish we'd have sprinkled in more of those plays in the second half.
    9) Thank you seniors.
    10) The streak continues. Oregon, we're coming.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

One more thought on Lance. 3rd and 23 was a back breaking play. He looked like a man amongst boys out there at times.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    One more thought on Lance. 3rd and 23 was a back breaking play. He looked like a man amongst boys out there at times.
    And this play made Tyler call number 5 again and again. The way Tyler called number 5's number you'd almost think the guy had won the Walter Payton award or Jerry rice or something.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    And this play made Tyler call number 5 again and again. The way Tyler called number 5's number you'd almost think the guy had won the Walter Payton award or Jerry rice or something.
    Don't get me wrong. 4th and 2, there's only one guy I wanted with the ball.

It's the calls leading up to that 4th and 2 that frustrated me.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Don't get me wrong. 4th and 2, there's only one guy I wanted with the ball.

It's the calls leading up to that 4th and 2 that frustrated me.
    Yeah I believe it was 4 or 5 Trey runs before that play

Lardsin must go!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Great job O-line. I said we wouldn’t be able to run and I was very wrong

Well done, smelly Bisons! You were the better team today. I think the difference was coaching, which was the last thing I expected to be a game-changer, especially pairing a novice like Entz against a proven vet like Cignetti. Yet, you kicked our asses in that department.

What I don't understand is we were running the ball successfully, but for some fucked up reason, our coaches said, "Yeah, we better get away from that and start winging the ball all over the field against a stellar pass D." STUPID!

Then, on the last play of the game, I have no explanation why a coach with a stud like Latrele Palmer in the backfield, who averaged 5.5 yards per tote (that's a first down every other play), would not run the ball with 8 seconds left and two timeouts, needing only three yards for a touchdown. Instead, the play called was a pass with a high probability of being intercepted since all of the d-backs didn't have to worry about the long threat, creating a traffic jam in the endzone. Latele should have 20+ totes per game instead of being held in reserve and only coming in in the second half. Use him! But, no, let's wait until we are down 21-10, then try to use him to claw our way back into the game. STUPID!

Kudos to you smelly bastards! We will fight again!

Still no Trophy presentation on youtube!!!

We won. Impressive season and I'm very proud of the program, coaches and players!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Yeah I believe it was 4 or 5 Trey runs before that play
    Been reading some of the JMU fan board they are complaining about the holding. I have only watched the first series and Tuscka was held big time on the td play but no mention of that