Page 64 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    So you're saying pass to Gindorf off the reverse , who's busting butt downfield off a push block? I think that's Gindorf not Ellefson, runs like Gindorf anyway. Either way we were marching the ball, not sure why we needed the gimmick there. That would have been the perfect time for hurry up A gap ala SHSU 2014, JMU was reeling it would have been nice to finish them off at that point.
    Yeah, you're right that was Gindorf (they had just shown Ellefson on the sideline before that) but I'm pretty sure Watson was going to try to throw that ball. Problem was the block that Gindorf released was on AA defensive end John Daka who ended up making the tackle. Didn't seem like a very well thought out strategy there because they either were hoping that Daka would lose his contain responsibility on the initial sweep or that Watson could shake him on the reverse. They also blitzed the corner from that side which further muddled things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, you're right that was Gindorf (they had just shown Ellefson on the sideline before that) but I'm pretty sure Watson was going to try to throw that ball. Problem was the block that Gindorf released was on AA defensive end John Daka who ended up making the tackle. Didn't seem like a very well thought out strategy there because they either were hoping that Daka would lose his contain responsibility on the initial sweep or that Watson could shake him on the reverse. They also blitzed the corner from that side which further muddled things up.
    They were probably going off the sproles td. If he handed to Watson on that play trey was running wide open down the right side. The coaches probably saw that and tried to beat them since it was wide open earlier.

Trey Lance was also standing up there at the top of the screen where the wideout had lined up. He was all alone and behind the LOS.

So you're saying pass to Gindorf off the reverse , who's busting butt downfield off a push block? I think that's Gindorf not Ellefson, runs like Gindorf anyway. Either way we were marching the ball, not sure why we needed the gimmick there. That would have been the perfect time for hurry up A gap ala SHSU 2014, JMU was reeling it would have been nice to finish them off at that point.
    It was a interesting twist off of sort of the same concept like the play that Sproles scored the TD on, if Sproles would have handed off for the pass Trey was wide open down field and only the safety was even starting to come over but he was very late. In fact I was screaming to pass the ball as I didn't realize Sproles had kept it and Trey so open. I am sure JMU saw that and was making sure it was covered if it happened again but we were using it a decoy and going to hit the TE. Chess over Checkers to bad their line was so quick and played it very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    They were probably going off the sproles td. If he handed to Watson on that play trey was running wide open down the right side. The coaches probably saw that and tried to beat them since it was wide open earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Trey Lance was also standing up there at the top of the screen where the wideout had lined up. He was all alone and behind the LOS.
    You guys type faster than I do by a couple minutes.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Seems like we passed off a reverse earlier in the year. At YSU? Watson to Ellefson? Thinking it was called back due to penalty.
    Last edited by 89MTBISON; 01-16-2020 at 03:40 PM. Reason: check, check

Seems like we passed off a reverse earlier in the year. At YSU? Watson to Ellefson? Thinking it was called back due to penalty.
    SDSU right? It worked bu it was called back for offensive PI on Ellefson
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by EightyfourBison View Post
    I think Jeff does a great job. I remember when he came to NDSU. He was prepared! He talked about past teams and players like he was the one that had been calling the games. If you want a better appreciation of what he does with the Bison games just listen to the radio pxp of the school up north for 10 min.
    Mike Still at the University of Manitoba Bisons? I'll have to check it out sometime.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    SDSU right? It worked bu it was called back for offensive PI on Ellefson
    That sounds right. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    Speaking of nuts, grow a pair.

When you take your boyfriend out to eat, do you all vacuum the floor under your table, then go into the kitchen and wash your dishes?

Don't bother to answer that. I already know the answer. My next question is "why not?"

Serious question, Bisonville. Is acehole1180 the best you got?
    No a comparable move would be to throw your dishes on the floor and stomp around in the food and walk out. Yep there are people that are hired to clean the restaurant but that doesn't give you the right to be an asshole.