Page 42 of 90 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Really? Oh well, next time I tell it, he'll have been a high-school junior!
    No problem. That recruiting class had 3 ND athletes of the year. Travis Beck, Ryan Smith, and Esley Thorton.

Smith played as a true Freshman. The other two redshirted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Really? Oh well, next time I tell it, he'll have been a high-school junior!
    How many more years of eligibility left then after a high school junior year?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Also, Jeff C. is no Scotty Miller. Man, I still miss his calls. When he got really excited, he sometimes sounded a little like Kermit the Frog.
    Scotty was one of a kind and will never b replaced!!! A bison legend for his voice. I will cut Jeff some slack he does a great job filling an NDSU broadcasters hall of famers shoes, he does get excited, just listen to the 3rd and 23 call at the beginning of the 4th quarter. He does a great job for this program. Not busting your balls because we are all on the same team!!!! Scotty is smiling down on all of bison nation!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bizon28 View Post
    Scotty was one of a kind and will never b replaced!!! A bison legend for his voice. I will cut Jeff some slack he does a great job filling an NDSU broadcasters hall of famers shoes, he does get excited, just listen to the 3rd and 23 call at the beginning of the 4th quarter. He does a great job for this program. Not busting your balls because we are all on the same team!!!! Scotty is smiling down on all of bison nation!!!!!!!!!
    Jeff’s catch phrase seems to be “GET IN THERE BABY!!!!”

Iunno, I could get used to it...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For those watching the CFP championship there was an illegal blind side block called on a long run by Clemson in the first quarter. This was easier to pick up because the officials are in normal position and have better coverage. With a fake FG 4 of the 7 officials were out of position to officiate a regular play.

Congrats on another dominant year by the Bison.
    It was strange to see JMU not try to match personnel with NDSU at the LOS especially when all of Cignetti’s rhetoric leading up to the game indicated he wanted to stop the QB run first, second, and third. With NDSU living in 2 TE sets and mixing in 3 TE/FB sets JMU stayed in its base 4-2-5 all game. We never saw a 3rd linebacker on the field and it was comical watching some of the blocks as 190LB safeties tried to fend off blocks from 250lb TE’s.
    I’m sure Entz was waiting for JMU to insert a larger personnel grouping which would then open up the passing game, but it never happened.
    [I]September 11, 2010 JMU 21 #13Virginia Tech 16[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    If you need a PAT2 you should try it as early as possible so if you fail you can adjust accordingly.
    You don't go for 2 until you absolutely need it. Otherwise, you take your team out of the game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    Congrats on another dominant year by the Bison.
    It was strange to see JMU not try to match personnel with NDSU at the LOS especially when all of Cignetti’s rhetoric leading up to the game indicated he wanted to stop the QB run first, second, and third. With NDSU living in 2 TE sets and mixing in 3 TE/FB sets JMU stayed in its base 4-2-5 all game. We never saw a 3rd linebacker on the field and it was comical watching some of the blocks as 190LB safeties tried to fend off blocks from 250lb TE’s.
    I’m sure Entz was waiting for JMU to insert a larger personnel grouping which would then open up the passing game, but it never happened.
    Thanks for the congratulations. I think you folks got out-coached in this one.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Don’t tell dinouche that cause that’s cheating and unsportsmanlike
    Lakes wasn’t at the game—he is either making that up or heard it from an unreliable source. Play happened right in front of me and I heard nothing of the sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    You don't go for 2 until you absolutely need it. Otherwise, you take your team out of the game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Wrong on every level. Idk why anyone would believe this. It's not complicated to understand.

Assuming the two point conversion fails, would you rather be aware of that reality with 6 minutes left or with 6 seconds left?
    College of Business Alumnus