Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Nah, he’s just more smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, that too.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Although the morning weather sucked we had our tent up in time just before the rain/sleet/snow/downpour. At one point I stopped counting at 62 people in our tent.

Got to hang out and chat with a number of player's families and past players simply by having a large heated venue with tons of food and beer. Great party!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    30%-45% chance to convert a PAT2?! No wonder everyone is kicking all the time.
    I got those numbers for the PAT2 from an article on ncaa.com. I'm not sure how to link it or I would. If the author has his poop in a group and the veracity of his numbers are correct, 1970 saw the highest percentage of PAT2 converted at 47.1%. He lists the lowest conversion as 34.3% in 2014.

He also includes a bit of the history of the PAT2 in the article. Kinda interesting. Authors name is Daniel Wilco in case anyone is interested in reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    But I don’t think the numbers take into account in-game issues. You’re more desperate on offense if you don’t make the 2, which results in trying O plays that don’t align with gameplan or O strengths v. team you are playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This. There are absolutely psychological factors to consider in addition to the math.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Speaking of, does anyone have a link to the radio call highlights from the game?

I get all warm and fuzzy hearing home radio announcers going nuts.
    NDSU All Access' radio version of games are free: https://gobison.com/watch/?Archive=6490
    Hail the BISON!!!

The last three seasons radio has been the exclusive way I’ve taken in Bison football. Before that it was mostly TV on only occasionally radio. I loved Scotty, he was a great announcer and by all accounts an extraordinary person, but it’s time for some of you to let Culhane out of jail. He’s doing a very good job for us.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    You’re smarter than me.
    Pure speculation based on what Entz did during the season.

I did not expect the fake field goal either, so there's that.

So, if you look at the actual numbers it’s a 0.4 advantage attempting the PAT2 which is just below their threshold of 0.5. This table is for 10 min on the clock. If you look at the chart, trailing by 9 at any point in the game there is a small but consistent advantage attempting PAT2. It’s a narrow but reliable advantage.
    But there is not a reliable advantage throughout the game. There are clear advantages in the 1st and 3rd quarters to the XP. And if I'm reading it right, which is hard to see, with 6-9 minutes left in the 4th it appears to be pretty even or slightly favoring the XP. And that doesn't account for JMU going against the wind, or NDSU's success running the ball.

I'm not saying going for two would have been foolish or wrong. I'm simply saying that contrary to what some people are insisting, going for the XP was not wrong either. At best, it's below the threshold of statistical relevance.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The last three seasons radio has been the exclusive way I’ve taken in Bison football. Before that it was mostly TV on only occasionally radio. I loved Scotty, he was a great announcer and by all accounts an extraordinary person, but it’s time for some of you to let Culhane out of jail. He’s doing a very good job for us.
    Agreed. Just because he's not Scotty, doesn't mean he isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Agreed. Just because he's not Scotty, doesn't mean he isn't good.
    Agree- Jeff and all Bison 1660 do has helped us out of market keep up. I also listened to the radio (it was 15 ahead of the TV so i had to have buds on so it didnt ruin it for my wife who hates doing it that way- but she knew from my reactions

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Winning is Gr8 View Post
    Agree- Jeff and all Bison 1660 do has helped us out of market keep up. I also listened to the radio (it was 15 ahead of the TV so i had to have buds on so it didnt ruin it for my wife who hates doing it that way- but she knew from my reactions
    Note for the future: download the Tunein app. You will be able to access Bison1660 through the app and can pause to sync Culhane’s PxP with the live video.
    Last edited by CalBison97; 01-15-2020 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Tunein app, not SoundCloud
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.