Page 39 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Your logic handcuffs the team down by 15.

Scenario 1:
    Kick XP, down 8 with 5 or 6 min left. Going to hope to get the ball back with chance to force OT.

Scenario 2:
    Go for two, down 7 with 5-6 minutes left. Hoping to have the ball at the end with a chance to tie or win if you want.

Scenario 3:
    Go for 2, fail. Down 9 with 5-6 minutes to go. At least now you know you need to get the ball two more times and can take measures to make that happen.
    Well, I guess I just disagree then. To me scenario 1 and scenario 2 are basically the same and both are vastly preferable to scenario 3.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    There was one shot of him that was gif-worthy, he was just side-eye staring right at the camera with a dumbfuck look on his face unchanged for a solid 10 seconds. Pure gold.
    Here is the one I was talking about, it’s 5 seconds but he stares like that for twice as long:http://5secondsapp.com/5/sec.ond?.gif
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Here is the one I was talking about, it’s 5 seconds but he stares like that for twice as long:http://5secondsapp.com/5/sec.ond?.gif
    Well here’s the photo of it anyway:

Attachment 9230
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What was with the slow developing “field rush” at the buzzer? Field rush fatigue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    What is NOT arguable is that Beck's INT is still the #1 greatest natty play for me, and I'll argue that all day long, IF, of course, I am in an argumentative mood TO argue with you to begin with, which, I argue, rarely happens with me (arguably). Otherwise, if you continue to argue the point, I'll invite you to join me in a dark downtown alley sometime, where I'll end this ridiculous argument post haste!
    I thought of that one also and it is a solid #3. With all the brain cells that you have killed drinking at tailgating, I am surprised you remembered the play at all.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    Do we know for sure who is screaming that? It’s not clear if it’s the coaches or a fan in the stands. It’s also not clear if the voice is calling out the play or just hoping for an interception.
    Jeff C thought it was Stick yelling from the stands since he was down in that area of the field. I guess he would know, meaning Stick.

Someone already posted that it was Stick based on the insiders show today.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Anyone seen an updated picture of the trophy case?
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I thought of that one also and it is a solid #3. With all the brain cells that you have killed drinking at tailgating, I am surprised you remembered the play at all.
    That, as always, is a very perceptive and well-deserved point on your part, and I will certainly take it under advisement as I put together my definitive list of "All-Time Greatest Natty Plays" this off-season to share with you at our next tailgate.

That still doesn't negate my point, however, that you and I need to meet up in a downtown alley, Beck-style, to settle once and for all, who is the biggest smart-ass between us. Feel free to bring TAB and CAS and RTO with you for help. Those boys also need to be brought down a peg or two while I'm up and at it.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bizon28 View Post
    They said on the insiders that it was Easton on the sideline calling out to watch for the pick play, which it was.
    Jaxon Brown confirms that is was Easton yelling pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    That, as always, is a very perceptive and well-deserved point on your part, and I will certainly take it under advisement as I put together my definitive list of "All-Time Greatest Natty Plays" this off-season to share with you at our next tailgate.

That still doesn't negate my point, however, that you and I need to meet up in a downtown alley, Beck-style, to settle once and for all, who is the biggest smart-ass between us. Feel free to bring TAB and CAS and RTO with you for help. Those boys also need to be brought down a peg or two while I'm up and at it.
    Name the time and place big boy. After 162 days I am now available.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix