Page 67 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: JMU Post-Game Thoughts & Discussion

Love Josh Hayes, already said it earlier but I think that was my defensive play of the game. Absolutely outstanding play from a cornerback. I would’ve been impressed by any linebacker doing that. Hayes plays a physical corner, just ask the player from UNI that he absolutely annihilated.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I keep watching this play by Hayes. Pre-snap (keep in mind JMU was going fast on O) he waves for help because he knows he is on an island against two receivers way bigger than him and has no help. He absolutely manhandles the first Stapleton and form tackles the second one (like TBeck did to the two 6’5” guys in the downtown Fargo parking lot). IOW, don’t back a Bison into a corner, cuz you’re gonna get beat—what an incredible, physical play by Hayes (payback to Stapleton for Hayes’ first Natty against him as a true freshmen). Can’t tell you how impressive (and important) this play was/is). Did any JMU player make a play even close to comparable as this?

https://twitter.com/jpfingsten/statu...238941185?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bridges and Hayes were phenomenal this year. Our corners have been outstanding, reload every year.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I have a question. Why aren’t we talking about Marquise Bridges? Why did the Raepletons not try to pick on him?

Too tough? So they just decided to go after Josh “oh you want a piece of me?” Hayes?

Not sure if the new coaches watched 2017 tape cuz Bridges was a shutdown corner and had a huge pick in that game. Stapleton won a few one on ones against Hayes that year. So they went back to it. But super jacked those corners didn’t give up any big plays. Mostly short routes where Stapleton used his size

Still can't believe the 2019 Bison went 16-0. Rookie HC, rookie OC, rookie DC, new OL coach, new RB coach, new WR coach, new CB coach, new LB coach, RFR QB who wins the Payton, arguably best RB out for the year. How do you wrap your head around that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Still can't believe the 2019 Bison went 16-0. Rookie HC, rookie OC, rookie DC, new OL coach, new RB coach, new WR coach, new CB coach, new LB coach, RFR QB who wins the Payton, arguably best RB out for the year. How do you wrap your head around that?

Still trying to put all that to bed. Pretty damn incredible.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Yeah but he's slow and not very good according to some.

Yep. And some on here have already said they hope we find someone to shore up the middle to help out Cox besides Hankey and Mercadel.

Quote Originally Posted by wan2bqb View Post
    Yep. And some on here have already said they hope we find someone to shore up the middle to help out Cox besides Hankey and Mercadel.
    Hankey seems to fit the mold of Grant Olsen at MLB. Slightly undersized and not overly athletic, but intelligent and sure tackler. NDSU won quite a few championships nearly a decade ago now with that type of player at MLB.

Would be nice to see a higher level of athlete at positions now as the program has built upon its successes over the past 10 years, but those better athletes need to beat out the smarter ones to earn their playing time.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I keep watching this play by Hayes. Pre-snap (keep in mind JMU was going fast on O) he waves for help because he knows he is on an island against two receivers way bigger than him and has no help. He absolutely manhandles the first Stapleton and form tackles the second one (like TBeck did to the two 6’5” guys in the downtown Fargo parking lot). IOW, don’t back a Bison into a corner, cuz you’re gonna get beat—what an incredible, physical play by Hayes (payback to Stapleton for Hayes’ first Natty against him as a true freshmen). Can’t tell you how impressive (and important) this play was/is). Did any JMU player make a play even close to comparable as this?

https://twitter.com/jpfingsten/statu...238941185?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When this play happened and they were about to snap the ball, I was yelling NONONONO and pointing out Hayes. Once the play was over, I was emphatic that it would very likely be one of the most important plays of the game.

One thing that replay doesn't show that just adds to how great the play was is that after Hayes sheds the blocker, he not only hits the receiver but he stripped him too. Ball definitely hit the ground and got picked back up by WR again. Just helped slow the play down even more. So not only did he shed the blocker, he made the tackle AND stripped the ball. One of the most impressive plays I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    When this play happened and they were about to snap the ball, I was yelling NONONONO and pointing out Hayes. Once the play was over, I was emphatic that it would very likely be one of the most important plays of the game.

One thing that replay doesn't show that just adds to how great the play was is that after Hayes sheds the blocker, he not only hits the receiver but he stripped him too. Ball definitely hit the ground and got picked back up by WR again. Just helped slow the play down even more. So not only did he shed the blocker, he made the tackle AND stripped the ball. One of the most impressive plays I have seen.
    There was definitely a lot of fight in that dog that day. 100% want to on that play.

Loss of 24 Seniors.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix