Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What is with the Texas weather!

Default Re: What is with the Texas weather!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    PM me when Orlando or Nashville submit a bid.
    This isnt the point of the discussion- nor was it the point of your original post. but its really impressive how quickly you moved the goalposts once you realized you logic was trash to begin with. "look how shitty of a tourist destination Frisco is, so they appreciate us when we come" isnt exactly a point in Frisco's favor. by that logic, we should put it in the smallest possible town, with the absolute worst tourist economy with a stadium with 17k so we will be super DUPER appreciated.

all things being equal, Orlando would likely be a much better destination. you can go just for the game if you'd like. And others can do a hell of a lot more if THEY want as well. And the stadium is markedly better, and larger.

All things are NOT equal in this scenario, which is why it will likely be in frisco forever. the conversation was "what other locations would be fun or could work?". Sorry if that pisses you off somehow
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

We don’t really have trouble getting tickets and we actually know how to get in the stadium.
    The travel down isn’t bad and the town is welcoming.
    The only problem seems to be weather and game time.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    PM me when Orlando or Nashville submit a bid.
    You must not have gotten the text... a rowdy group of JMU fans are writing letters to the NCAA to get it moved. Not sure if they'll have as much luck as we did banning their streamers, but we best be prepared.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Well it would be easy for lots of Bison fans to drive to Grand Forks.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    by that logic, we should put it in the smallest possible town, with the absolute worst tourist economy with a stadium with 17k so we will be super DUPER appreciated.

Got back to Fargo Sunday and I am back in Dallas today for work. Its 77 degrees and sunny.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    You must have been at a different one than me.
    He hasnt been to the last 5.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    This isnt the point of the discussion- nor was it the point of your original post. but its really impressive how quickly you moved the goalposts once you realized you logic was trash to begin with. "look how shitty of a tourist destination Frisco is, so they appreciate us when we come" isnt exactly a point in Frisco's favor. by that logic, we should put it in the smallest possible town, with the absolute worst tourist economy with a stadium with 17k so we will be super DUPER appreciated.

all things being equal, Orlando would likely be a much better destination. you can go just for the game if you'd like. And others can do a hell of a lot more if THEY want as well. And the stadium is markedly better, and larger.

All things are NOT equal in this scenario, which is why it will likely be in frisco forever. the conversation was "what other locations would be fun or could work?". Sorry if that pisses you off somehow
    all things being equal if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

zero destinations that don't want it would work.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Once Nashville figures out their MLS stadium issue, it would be an incredible destination. Frisco has been really great to us, but it really cannot compare to Nashville.
    I agree. If you don't get bored with Frisco you definitely won't get bored with Nashville. People rave about Frisco and the food and clubs. Nashville would blow both of those out of the water. There is plenty to do in and around the city if you don't like the bars downtown. Check out West End or Franklin. Country Music Hall of Fame, Opryland Hotel, Grand Ol Opry, Hermitage and many others. Memphis is only a couple hours away and the Smokey Mountains are the other in case you want to tack on something new while you are there. I also think an event with 20,000 people coming to town will still get the attention of the hospitality folks.

And if you look at the distance, it's basically a wash (5% different).

Fargo to Nashville: 1118 miles
    Fargo to Frisco: 1072 miles

Minneapolis to Nashville: 869
    Minneapolis to Frisco: 920

I've been to Frisco twice, and I think it's a perfectly fine venue. They don't pick these with the expectation that the same team may be there every year so fatigue of one fan base is likely not a criteria.

Here is a quick little table with some very basic weather data for a few possible locations: (all data for the month of January)

City Avg High Avg Low Avg Mid Avg Precip
    Dallas 57 30 43.5 2.32
    Las Vegas 58 39 48.5 0.55
    Memphis 50 33 41.5 3.98
    Miami 76 60 68 1.61
    Nashville 47 28 37.5 3.74
    NOLA 62 45 53.5 5.12
    Orlando 71 50 60.5 2.76
    Phoenix 67 46 56.5 0.91
    San Diego 65 49 57 1.97

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Here is a quick little table with some very basic weather data for a few possible locations: (all data for the month of January)

City Avg High Avg Low Avg Mid Avg Precip
    Dallas 57 30 43.5 2.32
    Las Vegas 58 39 48.5 0.55
    Memphis 50 33 41.5 3.98
    Miami 76 60 68 1.61
    Nashville 47 28 37.5 3.74
    NOLA 62 45 53.5 5.12
    Orlando 71 50 60.5 2.76
    Phoenix 67 46 56.5 0.91
    San Diego 65 49 57 1.97
    OK, Miami it is. Allegiant Air has direct flights to Mesa, AZ and Sanford/Orlando, Fl. so they would be OK too.
    Last edited by Bisman; 01-15-2020 at 10:28 PM.