Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is with the Texas weather!

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What is with the Texas weather!

How would Nashville be any different? In fact, I think it would have a higher probability of having worse weather. Go look at the weather for the rest of this week in Nashville and it looks very similar to what was reported out of Frisco.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There are several nice soccer stadiums in warmer locations that would work well. But they are all quite a bit farther away.

What stadium is in Nashville? I don't think Nissan would host it and Vanderbilt is not that good.

I'd like to see something different. But Frisco is OK, and I also think a significantly longer drive would hurt attendance.

Having been there several times myself, I’d argue that Nashville would get “old” quicker than Frisco. Sure it’s fun once...maybe twice, but after you’ve done the strip that’s full of the same type of people 24/7 there’s not much to do. I personally can barely stand what Nashville is becoming. It’s overctowded, overpriced, and just not all that.

I’d also argue the flight prices would be higher. Fewer flights per day. Fewer direct flights, etc.

Also not really a good venue for the game, as noted by others.

I could see how that would get old quick. While it was fun, it seemed like the only thing to do.

January weather is so unpredictable. It was shorts weather on Friday night with a tornado and snowing in the morning. Last couple years were fine, you'll never know what the weather is going to be like but JFC I know I've been gone a long time but I remember ND being way colder than that in January.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I could see how that would get old quick. While it was fun, it seemed like the only thing to do.

January weather is so unpredictable. It was shorts weather on Friday night with a tornado and snowing in the morning. Last couple years were fine, you'll never know what the weather is going to be like but JFC I know I've been gone a long time but I remember ND being way colder than that in January.
    Absolutely, and the weather pattern that rolled through Frisco Friday and Saturday ended up hitting Nashville late Saturday and Sunday.

Unless it’s maybe Florida, Arizona, or SoCal, the weather will be somewhat unpredictable.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wish they could do this game in Florida. So much to do there the extra drivewould be worth it

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I wish they could do this game in Florida. So much more to do than Frisco the extra drivewould be worth it
    Agreed 100%.

I love the community of Frisco for the fact that they completely sell out for Bison football, but the Town itself, as well as the stadium do literally NOTHING for me.
    The MLS stadium in Orlando is significantly better in my estimation and Orlando is literally the number 1 tourist destination in the world.

Frisco? lol, yeah right.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Agreed 100%.

I love the community of Frisco for the fact that they completely sell out for Bison football, but the Town itself, as well as the stadium do literally NOTHING for me.
    The MLS stadium in Orlando is significantly better in my estimation and Orlando is literally the number 1 tourist destination in the world.

Frisco? lol, yeah right.
    Also Flights to Orlando are virtually free compared to other destinations around the country.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

I recall a co-worker who was so excited to take his young family down to Disneyworld for a holiday trip. Weather during his stay was 30's and rainy.

I have been stalled at the golf course in the Carolina's for a two hour frost delay.

Been to Vegas for golf in January. It gets cold at night in the desert folks. 11:00 am tee/game time gonna be nippy. But dry.

I used to go to the Phoenix area for a long weekend golf junket usually right around Super Bowl weekend. In fifteen or sixteen years I was never rained out or rained on. Every day I would head out for a quick walk at 7:00 am - temp 45 degrees. Tee off at 10:00 am and still need the long sleeves and wind shirt but wearing shorts now. Hit the nineteenth hole and down to short sleeves, temp around 70. Enjoy a beverage and watch some golf on TV outside. Average of 335ish days of sun annually.

Probably the most dependable and favorable weather though would be San Diego. It is much like Hawaii in that way - the TV weatherman only has to record one forecast then just replay for the next 364.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Also Flights to Orlando are virtually free compared to other destinations around the country.
    Yes but they won't have nearly enough of them.