Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wyoming Dual

Default Re: Wyoming Dual

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    Meanwhile, the Jacks stole one from the West gym. Yuck.
    Today South Dakota State edged Wyoming in their dual. We are going to be near the bottom of the Big 12 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by harleycowboy View Post
    Today South Dakota State edged Wyoming in their dual. We are going to be near the bottom of the Big 12 this year.
    I'd like to argue with you, but what you say is probably true.

Based on my computer rankings the Jacks are up 22 points from last year, which is the biggest improvement of any team. So, they are basically back after a one year re-build with the new coach. We are down 7 points so far, and that will get worse unless we manage to keep it close to ISU.

The only Big12 teams that wrestlestat has us beating are WV, UNC, and Air Force, and the margin of error over the Golden bears is very thin.

I hope the guys can prove this all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    On the bright side, Mike Nelson won the Ridgewater open today...Only half joking.

I'm really looking forward to him at 197 next year. 125/133 (whichever Mac isn't at), 141 (I think Doregemuller is the better answer, but he's unproven), 149 (JVM hasn't put it together yet), 174 (Noel? Brenner?), and 184 (Current guys haven't shown much) are all huge question marks next year.
    I saw that Sam Stuhl also won the Ridgewater at 149 yesterday. Maybe they can give JVM a breather. Also only half joking.

I agree that Mike Nelson has some interesting potential. That was really something when he took down Metz during the scrimmage.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    157- Really good match against a dangerous opponent. Franek is everything that the lineup usually lacks. He has multiple shots he can score off of, he has a frenetic pace, a good gas tank, and is active on bottom. Dewey Krueger pinned Cordell Eaton in a dual at 197 a couple years ago.
    It is really refreshing to see Franek be able to change things up when one move isn't working. He doesn't have any ranked wins yet, but it feels like he has the highest ceiling on the team. I know that Weber is a quality back-up, but I think it is important for the future to go with Franek for the rest of the year.