Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU at ORU 1/9

Default NDSU at ORU 1/9

This needs a thread and talk this week.

Thursday in Tulsa. NDSU is 2-0 and ORU is 0-2

ORU's 1st game at home.

PLEASE NDSU FANS TRAVELLING TO FRISCO.. PLAN TO STOP THERE AND CHEER THEM ON!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU at ORU 1/9

This is going to be a huge test, though they are off to an 0-2 start in the Summit they haven't lost at home this year and they are a different matchup than every other team in the Summit. They run 2 6'8" 240 pounders at ya and they played a tough OOC schedule so they'll be ready. If we want to be the team we think we can be we need to prove it by winning games like this. We'll see if Dave can adjust the defensive gameplan accordingly.

But yeah, anyone heading to Frisco should definitely make the pit stop for this game. ORU doesn't draw well so we could make two NDSU games home games outside of Fargo this week!
    Last edited by bisonfan08; 01-06-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Will be interesting to see how Richman matches up with the big ORU lineup on both ends of the floor. Do they go away from posting Ward as much on the offensive end? Do they try to play big with Witz and Kreuser in there at times? IIRC Cam Hunter had a big game down in Tulsa last year including a monstrous dunk over one of ORU's bigs… hopefully they keep that attacking mentality and don't settle for the contested jumps shots/threes.

yea ORU has to come at us down low with posts. that will be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Will be interesting to see how Richman matches up with the big ORU lineup on both ends of the floor. Do they go away from posting Ward as much on the offensive end? Do they try to play big with Witz and Kreuser in there at times? IIRC Cam Hunter had a big game down in Tulsa last year including a monstrous dunk over one of ORU's bigs… hopefully they keep that attacking mentality and don't settle for the contested jumps shots/threes.
    I think the gameplan remains very much the same, if they don't put Obanor on Tyson we keep feeding him in the post. If they do put him on him then space the floor a little more and let Tyson drive on him and look to pick up some early foul trouble on him. I don't see Dave playing both Rocky and Witz at the same time without depth behind them, I think those two will be responsible for Nzekwesi and it'll fall on Eady and co. to slow down Obanor. I think we just stay in front of him on the post and if somehow he does get the ball down low we double down on him. They are only an average 3 point shooting team so if we take away the bigs we should be able to get outta Tulsa with a W.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I think the gameplan remains very much the same, if they don't put Obanor on Tyson we keep feeding him in the post. If they do put him on him then space the floor a little more and let Tyson drive on him and look to pick up some early foul trouble on him. I don't see Dave playing both Rocky and Witz at the same time without depth behind them, I think those two will be responsible for Nzekwesi and it'll fall on Eady and co. to slow down Obanor. I think we just stay in front of him on the post and if somehow he does get the ball down low we double down on him. They are only an average 3 point shooting team so if we take away the bigs we should be able to get outta Tulsa with a W.
    Maybe Biggs gets used to just dish out some fouls at keys moments. I know we would suffer offensively some with him in but you might have to change things up.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Pretty nuts that according to Sagarin predictor, the top four teams in the summit are within a point of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Maybe Biggs gets used to just dish out some fouls at keys moments. I know we would suffer offensively some with him in but you might have to change things up.
    Honestly from what I've seen so far this year we'd be more likely to struggle on defense with him in than offense. He's a big body, he can set screens and occupy the post on offense much like Witz does. Defensively however he has looked a little lost when I've seen him play, he doesn't quite seem to have the awareness and quickness all together yet to be in the right positions. These two guys from ORU would destroy him as it stands today. I definitely think he's athletic enough and talented enough to get there but he's not quite there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I think they'd be silly not to put Obanor on Ward. Eady isn't much of a threat inside the paint so it wouldn't be tough for a smaller guy to guard him. Hopefully like you said Tyson can take Obanor off the dribble if that happens but I think they're going to have to generate their offense off of dribble penetration and they'll need more guys than just Shahid, Hunter, and Ward attacking the basket off the dribble.

how are we watching this game tomorrow? espn+ ?