Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2020 LPGA Season

Default Re: Amy Olson 2020 LPGA Season

Ok, how freaking awesome is Amy Olson? It is so impressive to do what she did under those circumstances. One of the problems with working from home is having a TV in my office...I'm pretty sure it was obvious I was watching most of the day during my zoom meetings I spent a few minutes watching the post round interviews today and I don't know how anyone wouldn't be impressed by her and moved by her words.

Also a tip of the cap to the Korean lady that won. I think she had 3 birdies to end her round...who does that in those conditions? She definitely earned it. 90% of the time, Amy wins that tournament in that situation, just not this time.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Understanding Engineers 3

A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers.
    The engineer fumed, "What's with those guys? We've been waiting for fifteen minutes!"
    Thedoctor chimed in, "I don't think I've ever seen such ineptgolf!"
    The priest said, "Here comes the green-keeper. Let's have a word with him." He said, "Hello George, What's wrong with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?"

Thegreen-keeper replied, "Oh, yes. That's a group of blind firemen. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime!"

The group fell silent for a moment.
    Thepriest said, "That's so sad. I'll say a special prayer for them tonight."
    The doctor said, "Good idea. I'll contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if here's anything she can do for them."
    The engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?"
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Mark this down. She wins her first tourney next season and adds another and makes over a million
    Hear hear! An excellent prognostication PuckNut!:

https://youtu.be/2O8gTIr4lys
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 12-16-2020 at 09:02 AM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Ok, how freaking awesome is Amy Olson? It is so impressive to do what she did under those circumstances. One of the problems with working from home is having a TV in my office...I'm pretty sure it was obvious I was watching most of the day during my zoom meetings I spent a few minutes watching the post round interviews today and I don't know how anyone wouldn't be impressed by her and moved by her words.

Also a tip of the cap to the Korean lady that won. I think she had 3 birdies to end her round...who does that in those conditions? She definitely earned it. 90% of the time, Amy wins that tournament in that situation, just not this time.
    Excellent, heartfelt report Gully! Hopefully you were at least wearing pants for those mission critical meetings!

PS. You’re fired.
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 12-16-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    Amy finishes with $763,832.00. #5 on the money list.
    CME pairings are up! The grand finale for this year:

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/cme...nship/pairings

“I knew there had to be a story when I saw Gulbis in the field. What a joke.”....BisonAudit

Hey Audit! Saw this and thought you might get a chuckle out of it:

2 hours ago. Kemp and Gulbis??!! What, weren't Britney Spears and Ariana Grande available??....Jim Stark.

Procedure Question for Mangy:

The full CME Ranking is contained on this page: https://www.lpga.com/statistics/poin...e-globe-season
    It contains players who are not participating this week, e.g. Ally Ewing and Amy Olson.

There is another CME Exempt status for the tournament field which seems to be reset to exclude those players not in contention this week.
    It can be found here: https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/cme...nament-entries in the "Exempt Rank" column at far right.

Which of these two should we use for our tiers? If the latter then I assume Gulbis and Kemp should go to the bottom and be solidly in Tier5.

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I guess I missed the post about the tournament entries URL that I list above so just drawing from that list:

Dart
    Stacie Lewis
    Georgia Hall
    Hee Young Park
    Kelly Tan
    Inbee Park
    Winning Score -21

GFB
    Nasa Hataoka
    Moriya Jutanugarn
    Gaby Lopez
    Xiyu Lin
    Yealimi Noh
    Winning Score -14

Thanks!
    Last edited by GreenfieldBison; 12-16-2020 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

The full CME Ranking is contained on this page: https://www.lpga.com/statistics/poin...e-globe-season
    It contains players who are not participating this week, e.g. Ally Ewing and Amy Olson.

There is another CME Exempt status for the tournament field which seems to be reset to exclude those players not in contention this week.
    It can be found here: https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/cme...nament-entries in the "Exempt Rank" column at far right.

Which of these two should we use for our tiers? If the latter then I assume Gulbis and Kemp should go to the bottom and be solidly in Tier5.

Edit: I guess I missed the post about the tournament entries URL that I list above so just drawing from that list:

Dart
    Stacie Lewis
    Georgia Hall
    Hee Young Park
    Kelly Tan
    Inbee Park
    Winning Score -21

GFB
    Nasa Hataoka
    Moriya Jutanugarn
    Gaby Lopez
    Xiyu Lin
    Yealimi Noh
    Winning Score -14

Thanks!
    The judges agree with you Greenfiled. To the bottom of the list they go (Gulbis and Kemp)! (Yet always in our hearts!)

The teams you post above look very viable for an excellent comeback for those two prestigious Capitanos!

BOTH of your lists above, or Any legitimate and certifiable CME standings list from the last two weeks back to Monday December 7, is valid to pick your team from and of course especially needed for tiers 2-4 since players #1 and #5 can be ANYBODY who is playing the CME event.

Here is the latest accurate one that I show from the LPGA site!:

https://www.lpga.com/statistics/points/race-to-cme-globe-season

This is the best one to rely on with confidence for accurate and latest picks per the CME standings. It is the standings as of this last Monday. Your picks should be incontestable if you use this for your players 2-4 especially. Again your 1 and 5 can be anybody playing the event. If you have players and/or a team comprised of letting your team ride from last week, those are also incontestable.

The judges indicate that the list I showed just now here, along with the lists you noted, or any valid CME standings list from the last 2 weeks is viable! Especially since picks 2-4 only carry ten choices each and maybe last week’s list and these others will add a few for fun! Remember though, our Bisonville Fantasy LPGA Golf Pool is partly composed and inhabited by some of the finest financial, accounting, and auditing minds in the country, so any questionable team members will be subject to contest if not on par with the aforementioned guidelines and the spirit of the competition!

Everyone has until tee time tomorrow or thereabouts or their first cup of coffee/lovely beverage of their choice to fine tune/tweak your list of players and also fine-tune your prediction for what the individual winner’s score will be! Good luck to all!

PS. TO ALL TEAM CAPTAINS!: It is perfectly fine for you to make your #1 and/or your #5 either Natalie Gulbis or Sarah Kemp, as at least at this point, they are IN THE FIELD! In fact. on a side note, please don’t hesitate to take this bold move! May they both play their breast....I mean best!! (Stupid spell check!)
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 12-17-2020 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

Dart
    Stacie Lewis
    Georgia Hall
    Hee Young Park
    Kelly Tan
    Inbee Park
    Winning Score -21

GFB
    Nasa Hataoka
    Moriya Jutanugarn
    Gaby Lopez
    Xiyu Lin
    Yealimi Noh
    Winning Score -14

Thanks!
    For the second half of the Pool, MangyOldBison enthusiastically picks the following Bisonville Fantasy Golf Team:

1. Jin Young Ko

2. Moriya Jutanugarn

3. Cheyenne Knight

4. Megan Khang

5. Ariya Jutanugarn

My tiebreaker score for the winning player in the event is -17. Just an aside, that player will enjoy a winner's check in the amount of 1.1 million dollars!

Thanks again to everyone for competing and here is to another exciting and closely contested event!