Page 53 of 78 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2020 LPGA Season

Default Re: Amy Olson 2020 LPGA Season

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Outstanding teams and Thanks for participating Greenfield, and thanks to DART for his perseverance!

Remember that you do have until tee times tomorrow to fine tune your teams if you want to! I remain somewhat concerned about your number 5 picks vis a vis the Rolex World Rankings, buy I respect your experience and obviously proven track record, sense of trueness and awe re statistical probabilities, and sense of adventure! (I did very poorly in statistics for some unknown reason).

Cheers!
    Hey I thought I was doing DART a big favor by discarding all the amateurs from the field. He might well have picked one of those!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Hey I thought I was doing DART a big favor by discarding all the amateurs from the field. He might well have picked one of those!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    LOL! I imagine that when DART gets to throwing, it’s every man for himself!

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Hey Fellow Bisonvillers! You still got about 24 hours to get into this pool!

If DART could win the Masters pool, why not you?!?

GoAmy...GoBison!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Notable first round pairings for the United States Women’s Open:

https://www.lpga.com/news/2020/featu...us-womens-open

Amy Olson Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIjbqSIl...=1jycdzid78g0w

(swipe left for a second video)

Greenfield, it looks like you maybe have two 2’s and no 3 there?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Greenfield, it looks like you maybe have two 2’s and no 3 there?
    Yeah, you're right! Living up to your screen name I see. Copy paste error on my part. So let me correct that error.

GFB picks updated are:
    Danielle Kang
    Nelly Korda
    Amy Olson
    Kelly Tan
    Inbee Park

Thanks!

We have great picks and a solid contingent of team captains. Won’t be easy for DART to go undefeated, but based on the Masters romp, I wouldn’t pick against him either!

Still room until 10 or so tomorrow for more to join the pool!

Thanks to all!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 12-10-2020 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Oh yes I did do that for DART for the Tier1 pick. Still it was interesting to see those throws and where they landed for a full field pick.

Back in the day at one of my offices we held a pool for every PGA major each year. In those we drew names out of a hat for the top 39 ranked players at each major. The 40th "player" was "Field" which was everyone entered in the tournament not included in the top 39. It was amazing how many times "Field" won. Not as many as old Tiger mind you as this was in his heyday but still it was pretty common.
    Great story Greenfield! Here is one that DART might enjoy!:

Three statisticians went out hunting, and came across a large deer. The first statistician fired, but missed, by a meter to the left. The second statistician fired, but also missed, by a meter to the right. The third statistician didn't fire, but shouted in triumph, "We got it!"

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Hot off the press! Have a little rules adjustment. If you have a player/players who miss the cut, you can pick a replacement for the weekend based on the same criteria that we are using for this initial team picking. That way you have a better chance of hanging in there rather than having to take the worst score of players who made the cut. Want to keep this thing competitive right to the end if possible, and not unlike Bison football when someone gets hurt, it will be next player up!
    Mangy - DART is musing about this rule change and has a couple of questions regarding application.

DART's assumption is that if one of his team's players fails to make the weekend then he is able to replace that player with a survivor and that the survivor must be drafted from the same cohort as that of the original player.

So for example if his Tier2 player fails to make the cut he can replace her but only with a surviving member of the Tier2 list.

1 - Is this assumption correct?
    2 - What happens then if say none of the Tier4 players make the cut? Can DART then draft a new player from the surviving Tier3 players?