Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joe Burrows

Default Re: Joe Burrows

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    How did I judge him? I gave him a suggestion, whether he wants to follow it is up to him.
    No big deal. Just kind of harsh on your part imho.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    People handle the death of a loved one in different ways. It doesn’t mean he does not care. Swaghook beat me to it.
    I will say, prior to experiencing grief like this in my life, I may have reacted similarly to KIA (maybe I wouldn’t have posted my view in a forum, but I digress)... Until you really experience what it’s like to grieve like this, it’s hard to understand the seemingly irrational impulses that accompany it.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Or, you know, he's an honorable man with huge responsibilities to several other people and he put his feelings aside for a few hours to do his job like his son and likely his daughter in law would have wanted him to.

You don't think he talked to his son?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There have many players that have done the same thing.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Default Joe Burrows

Burrow found out in an interview post game. How unfortunate. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...r-espn-2019-12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GFBison; 01-02-2020 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    He has a great OC as well. You know, one that gets a call that his son's wife just died in a horrific plane crash and doesnt have the common decency to go be with family "immediately". God, I try and enjoy sports but this crap just keeps getting more and more stupid by the season... ANYBODY that can make excuses for this only cements the opinion. I missed the game because just before it started they gave the BS spiel about this POS coaching this game, sadly, I see they won and YET, gave this POS the game ball. What a POS nation we have become in our complete miss-guided lust for sport. RIP young lady, I hope your family asks this jerk to leave the funeral before it starts.... It is only 'sports' people'.
    You sound very emotional over this. You also sound like the type of person that would go to a funeral and yell at people if they weren’t crying enough.
    When my dad died I witnessed and talked with many people who were deeply affected by his passing. And not one of them grieved the same as the other. Some were supportive of me and others needed support from me. Some called me regularly to check on me and others disappeared from my life for many years because seeing me meant they would remember he was gone. Some people laughed and celebrated his life and others contemplated whether their life should continue. What I learned from having death touch my family is that everyone goes through their own way of grieving.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GFBison View Post
    Burrows found out in an interview post game. How unfortunate. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...r-espn-2019-12

I hate when reporters ask these questions immediately after the game. I think if these kinds of questions need to be addressed, they are much more appropriate the day after....

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I hate when reporters ask these questions immediately after the game. I think if these kinds of questions need to be addressed, they are much more appropriate the day after....
    Reporters are scum.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Reporters are scum.
    Quoted for truth.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GFBison View Post
    Burrows found out in an interview post game. How unfortunate. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...r-espn-2019-12

Talk about tools! How about the guy who asks Burrow to get him a shirt at the end of that awkward interview?
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016