Page 82 of 89 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Default Re: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Summary: It sucks that political opinions are tainting our support of players just as much as it sucks that religious opinions are tainting our support of players. And religious opinions and political opinions are just that, Opinions. I'm an atheist and I love Jensen, Wentz, and Lance despite their religious beliefs (and I suspect, probably, their political beliefs as well).

As ndsubison1 said, this is just a part of sports now. Kids are using their platform to advance a message they believe in and I do not fault them at all for it. People who DO fault them for it just don't like them because they disagree with what they're saying. I would encourage you to get over it and enjoy the fact that their talent is giving NDSU a ton of positive exposure and likely helping recruiting, which helps our continued success.

Lets GO Bison! Lets have a great day!
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Were his cleats mentioned on gameday? Cuz it would make sense then

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Were his cleats mentioned on gameday? Cuz it would make sense then
    Not that I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Summary: It sucks that political opinions are tainting our support of players just as much as it sucks that religious opinions are tainting our support of players. And religious opinions and political opinions are just that, Opinions. I'm an atheist and I love Jensen, Wentz, and Lance despite their religious beliefs (and I suspect, probably, their political beliefs as well).

As ndsubison1 said, this is just a part of sports now. Kids are using their platform to advance a message they believe in and I do not fault them at all for it. People who DO fault them for it just don't like them because they disagree with what they're saying. I would encourage you to get over it and enjoy the fact that their talent is giving NDSU a ton of positive exposure and likely helping recruiting, which helps our continued success.

Lets GO Bison! Lets have a great day!
    I say STFU and play the game! You don't shit where you eat and opinions are like assholes.....we all have one.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Why? Politics is a part of sports now
    Is it politics? Or is it social commentary? Are those the same? Or not?

One thing for sure is there is tremendous momentum for the status quo. It takes disruption to the level of mass discomfort to initiate change. As long as there exists injustice in the minds of many my guess is this disruption will continue.

As far as players using their platform for the expression of this disruption I believe the HC and senior leaders are and should be in charge of allowing this or not. I believe they have already spoken on it and made their choice. As a fan it’s not up to me and I expect I will never notice the writing on anyone’s shoes today. Unless there is a closeup of a punter getting clobbered.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I say STFU and play the game! You don't shit where you eat and opinions are like assholes.....we all have one.
    I get it, man. In many ways I wish the same thing. I hope you're able to get over it and enjoy some football, today, SD.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Is it politics? Or is it social commentary? Are those the same? Or not?

One thing for sure is there is tremendous momentum for the status quo. It takes disruption to the level of mass discomfort to initiate change. As long as there exists injustice in the minds of many my guess is this disruption will continue.

As far as players using their platform for the expression of this disruption I believe the HC and senior leaders are and should be in charge of allowing this or not. I believe they have already spoken on it and made their choice. As a fan it’s not up to me and I expect I will never notice the writing on anyone’s shoes today. Unless there is a closeup of a punter getting clobbered.
    Many people tuning it out already.....what does that accomplish? Glorifying thugs will get them nowhere.

Holy hell you guys, it's gameday. Shut the fuck up about his cleats.

Does anyone know where the GameDay Tom Rinaldi bit will be posted for sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Does anyone know where the GameDay Tom Rinaldi bit will be posted for sharing?
    Will probably be on the ESPN website sometime later today no?
    Don't believe everything you think.