Page 80 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Default Re: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Can you start a thread about this under the political page? so this can be a football only thread about Trey?

or moderator can move posts to a new thread
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Bullshit. NDSU is great because of this. Lance is getting a big head- and look at me time. Former player voicing how the program should be. Bison Pride. The word is uniform for a reason.
    I disagree with Lance's view of Christianity yet he expresses it in multiple ways at games and on social media. Somehow I refrain from telling him to leave NDSU on Twitter. It's a skill more people should develop within themselves.

Does Trey really think he is influencing people and changing minds about a social cause during this game? Don't have a problem if he wants to do this outside of playing Bison football, but he is not the team and his only priority is to do his QB job this afternoon. Too bad the coaches didn't do their job and stop this crap before it happened.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't know, maybe were just all hillbilly bumpkins in ND but I am a little disappointed in Tre on this. Has there been continued racism against African Americans in this country, yep. Should he use his platform to raise awareness about this? Absolutely. It's obviously hard for me to relate to it living in rural ND though and I'm trying hard to see the whole picture. However, the BLM organization is basically a communist anti law enforcement group with the stated goal of destroying the nuclear family. I don't understand how a young Christian man can support that mission. As a nation, we lost a great opportunity for change after George Floyd's death when BLM and other groups got involved and turned it into a riot filled circus. It's honestly a tragedy. Tre is 20 years old and like most of you I will give him a pass as sometimes at that age you can't see the forest for trees. It's a free country and he has the right to support whomever and whatever group he wants to and I fully support him on that. However, NDSU doesn't have names on the back of their Jerseys for a reason and this screams as a look at me moment from Tre which generally isn't in his character.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    I guess this:

Explains This:

Wow...not a good look for a former player

Embarrassing

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I don't know, maybe were just all hillbilly pumpkins in ND but I am a little disappointed in Tre on this. Has there been continued racism against African Americans in this country, yep. Should he use his platform to raise awareness about this? Absolutely. It's obviously hard for me to relate to it living in rural ND though and I'm trying hard to see the whole picture. However, the BLM organization is basically a communist anti law enforcement group with the stated goal of destroying the nuclear family. I don't understand how a young Christian man can support that mission. As a nation, we lost a great opportunity for change after George Floyd's death when BLM and other groups got involved and turned it into a riot filled circus. It's honestly a tragedy. Tre is 20 years old and like most of you I will give him a pass as sometimes at that age you can't see the forest for trees. It's a free country and he has the right to support whomever and whatever group he wants to and I fully support him on that.
    I'd suggest having a conversation with him on the topic as opposed to telling him to leave NDSU on Twitter. Conversation has a better chance of closing gaps of understanding than does attempts to cancel someone's voice.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    A quick religious nod to God is a lot more subtle than kneeling, raising fists and supporting violent organizations.
    Most kneel at the end of every game at center field as a nod to God. Does that bother you.

Is Christianity a violent organization? We could review it's history.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'd suggest having a conversation with him on the topic as opposed to telling him to leave NDSU on Twitter. Conversation has a better chance of closing gaps of understanding than does attempts to cancel someone's voice.
    This i agree with. The social media makes it too easy to call someone out publicly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Case in point...Here it is on Gameday and were talking politics instead of football due to one young man's look at me moment. It was a selfish move on his part and most here are disappointed in him. Doesn't mean we don't still support him though.

Most kneel at the end of every game at center field as a nod to God. Does that bother you.

Is Christianity a violent organization? We could review it's history.
    Game is over and most fans have left when the players meet to give thanks to God. Yep, evil is everywhere and often good people have to fight bad people.