Page 74 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

1 season of FCS football does not prepare you for the NFL, that's a huge damn jump, and unlikely and NFL GM would throw out a #1 pick for Trey. Not knocking Trey just reality, lots of money riding on him based off 1 season of film.

I also dont see an advantage to transfer this season, be hard to insert into a new offense this late and play. IMO his best bet is to stay at NDSU and play, but if his agent thinks differently I certainly wouldn't fault him for going after the NFL either. Hard decisions for him right now, best of luck in whatever he choses.

HOLY CRAP look at this. just came out. great analysis of trey's situation. they say "he gotta go strike while iron is hot!" now that NDSU cancelled.

https://twitter.com/TheDraftNetwork/...341801474?s=20
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

QB Summit (quarterback prospect development program) founder Jordan Palmer (Carson's brother) touts Trey and talks about his "go/stay" decision scenarios.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...?ocid=msedgntp

Carson Wentz asked about Trey and the Bison at his presser today -- scroll to 3:17 mark

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1RDxlrRdZmoGL

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    1 season of FCS football does not prepare you for the NFL, that's a huge damn jump, and unlikely and NFL GM would throw out a #1 pick for Trey. Not knocking Trey just reality, lots of money riding on him based off 1 season of film.

I also dont see an advantage to transfer this season, be hard to insert into a new offense this late and play. IMO his best bet is to stay at NDSU and play, but if his agent thinks differently I certainly wouldn't fault him for going after the NFL either. Hard decisions for him right now, best of luck in whatever he choses.
    1 Season of college football doesn't necessarily prepare you for the NFL. 1 season at NDSU prepares you as well as playing for most schools. Would it be better to play in the MAC, Sunbelt or other G5's? NO it wouldn't.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    1 Season of college football doesn't necessarily prepare you for the NFL. 1 season at NDSU prepares you as well as playing for most schools. Would it be better to play in the MAC, Sunbelt or other G5's? NO it wouldn't.
    Never said any other school would be better, it's just fact FCS is looked at very different competition wise.

With that I'm pretty sure he will not be back, in fact I'd bet money on it.

the more I read the more i'm convinced he is gone.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    If he is- can you imagine the stories in a football starved media?

I would love to see Lance make more NDSU memories- but the legacy of a 1 year starter at NDSU being taken round 1 from an FCS? If he becomes a consistent NFL starter?

Imagine the recruiting afterward.

What was he- maybe a 3 star guy being recruited by his home state gophers to be a safety? Then he goes to NDSU at his preferred QB and in 2 years comes out a high pick at QB...

I think parents of high character kids would buy into that. Not only at QB. I would think- wow if they could do that with that guy, what could they have done with my 5 star son?

If some of those media stories decide to dip into how many pros NDSU has made at other positions out of guys who were low star/no star out of high school?

Would be another huge feather in NDSU footballs cap. Do some online school and get Lance an NDSU degree over the next 6 years too. Be committed to him after the draft.

Once a Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    The same would be true for pretty much any college senior with NFL aspirations. It is what it is.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dan Patrick discussing Trey Lance. 920am so 80 minutes into show

Using jets as example. Have Sam Darnold. But do you take Trey Lance due to his potential? Then mentioned Trey in same sentence as Patrick Mahomes in regards to potential.

Probably means too 5 pick versus Mcshay and others guys current mocks in the 15 range