Page 24 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Default Re: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I'm not panicking. I am fully subscribed to the notion that once a player is inserted into the culture at NDSU and especially after they have as much exposure to it as Trey does then they will find it unappealing to depart that culture. That said I don't pretend to understand the inner workings of a 20 yr old mind. For that matter I don't understand the inner workings of my Yorkshire Terrierist's mind either. I just know who the boss is. It ain't me.

I see also that you posted a similar article about this topic over in the "Thing's JMU fans say..." thread a day or two back.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I could see it going the other way. NDSU has been recruiting and then developing players so strongly lately. What that has equated to is fewer guys being 3-4 year starters. Sure there have been guys who have shined right away like Trey but it seems to me that there have been less and less. This will hurt teams that have guys who are playing early in their college career. Also it's not like NDSU is sending guy after guy to the pros, yes there have been more than most FCS teams that have gotten camp invites, but they aren't rivaling Ohio State or Alabama in that arena anytime soon. I do think the motive behind the rule change is disingenuous, I don't think it'll change much.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    The title of the article just makes me mad. Obviously the hatred towards NDSU is coming out and the small time FCS schools would love to see the best NDSU players recruited away later in their careers by FBS teams so it can do the most damage. Any rule like this would be wrong. Hope the NCAA is smarter than that, but then history says different.
    Why is the rule wrong? Why should a track athlete be able to transfer and be immediately eligible to play (which happens today) but a football player or men's basketball player can't?

I don’t see it happening. He’s already getting draft buzz. No need to alienate a fanbase and start over somewhere just to get more publicity.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Why is the rule wrong? Why should a track athlete be able to transfer and be immediately eligible to play (which happens today) but a football player or men's basketball player can't?
    My guess would be because schools have a much larger investment to protect in their football and basketball programs.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

It's hard for some people to admit that Trey is where he wants to be, it's not a bad place, and is actually a really good place to learn and develop as a football player.

Lardsin must go!

I have no clue any more than anyone else as to whether or not Lance goes or stays. All I know is that it is totally out of our control and I for one am just chilling and enjoying the ride. Would it be a hit to Bison football? Sure it would, but as one of the announcers on the Natty said, Bison football is more than one player or coach.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Trey is not going to be transferring to another school or leaving early for the NFL. He has 3 years to improve his game and trust me there is plenty to improve. Let's just enjoy watching him develop the next 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Trey is not going to be transferring to another school or leaving early for the NFL. He has 3 years to improve his game and trust me there is plenty to improve. Let's just enjoy watching him develop the next 3 years.
    Right on - he's a BISON.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    True team sports where players interact for a game result are more impacted by players just up and leaving. Entire game plans are affected, team chemisry, etc.