Page 31 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Default Re: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Interesting that a lot of people on here called the idea of Lance going early ridiculous just a couple of months a go... now draft scouts are saying he’d be a top 5 pick next year?

What’s changed?
    Those that know the NFL & Football never called it ridiculous. if anything, this layoff will make it more likely. Gotta get that money!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Those that know the NFL & Football never called it ridiculous. if anything, this layoff will make it more likely. Gotta get that money!
    I dont think this is a good idea. Bill's QB , Josh Allen had a similar buzz and interests from the league during his Jr year. He spoke with Carson and Carson advised him to stay in college for his Sr year and it turned out okay. So Trey should follow that model. Stay in college for another 3 years, and then enter the league after graduation.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No, he is not a NFL scout.

How many QBs have entered the draft after their sophomore year? I mean, Trevor Lawrence isn't entering the draft until after his junior year.

It'd be awesome if Trey had a season that would justify giving it a shot though but 2021 has Lawrence and Fields.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    How many QBs have entered the draft after their sophomore year? I mean, Trevor Lawrence isn't entering the draft until after his junior year.

It'd be awesome if Trey had a season that would justify giving it a shot though but 2021 has Lawrence and Fields.
    Wasnt there a kid out of Ohio State?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Wasnt there a kid out of Ohio State?
    yes, Fields
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lawrence started as a true Freshman last year. NFL requires 3 years out of high school. He's entering the draft as soon as he's able.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    yes, Fields
    Fields is next year. I looked it up and Dwayne Haskins did.

My point is that it is really uncommon.

Fields is next year. I looked it up and Dwayne Haskins did.

My point is that it is really uncommon.
    its the 3rd year bit for Trey really. his 1st year he had Easton tutoring him and Carson to some extent, then last year was magical.

here's our connundrum NONE of us wanna see a bad season, but if he blows up again, its his 3rd year and yes if scouts are telling his people he's a 1st rounder, it'd be hard to say no.

that's why this years QB recruit or 2021 is soOOOOO important. we should be going after some heavy hitters
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

its the 3rd year bit for Trey really. his 1st year he had Easton tutoring him and Carson to some extent, then last year was magical.

here's our connundrum NONE of us wanna see a bad season, but if he blows up again, its his 3rd year and yes if scouts are telling his people he's a 1st rounder, it'd be hard to say no.

that's why this years QB recruit or 2021 is soOOOOO important. we should be going after some heavy hitters
    I’ve liked what I’ve seen out of Sanders. We could win a lot of games with that kid.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery