Page 15 of 89 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Default Re: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Maybe I'm delusional, but I see shades of Patrick Mahomes when I watch Trey play.
    Plays similar to him and Watson.

Maybe I'm delusional, but I see shades of Patrick Mahomes when I watch Trey play.
    More of a Mahomes/Lamar Jackson combo

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Totally agree with this statement. Wentz's success in the NFL will definitely reduce the narrative of "ya, but level of competition". If he transfers and isn't as dominant, his stock will fall.

I am not sure where Trey is on graduating in 4 years, but the only way I see him transferring is if he is too bored. Truth be told, if he wins the next two national championships and another WP award, he might simply want another challenge. I wouldn't fault him for doing it either.

But....if he wins the next two national championships, another WP award and drastically progresses as a passer, he will be leaving early for the draft versus staying another year at NDSU or transferring. Whenever he gets a consensus 2nd round grade and better, he is gone IMO.
    QBs in the NFL is more mental than any position in history. That's why you see QBs playing into their 40s now. The only way to advance your mental skillset is to play more games. So Trey would help himself by playing 4 full years and honing his craft. Passing is much more important in the NFL than running. He needs to learn the offense so good, he could really showcase his skills.

I always look to Vernon Adam's. He had this aurora about him and looked pretty ordinary as a Duck. Proved he couldn't stay healthy and looked pretty average, although he had some good stats. He went undrafted after being in the conversation and hes a CFL QB now. Meanwhile Wentz comes back from injury the same year and wins a championship on his last game and that's where the hype train started. Same happened with Josh Allen
    Last edited by HerdBot; 01-12-2020 at 08:04 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Draftscout.com currently has Trey listed as the #4 QB for the 2023 draft class.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

The way he winds up and throws, especially after seeing him from a lower angle yesterday, I see a bit of a young Elway in him. Thankfully, he’s not as stubborn to keep needing to throw it to the only receiver covered by three defenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Maybe he'll stay a Bison and win the Heisman???

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Thatll go up

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Maybe he'll stay a Bison and win the Heisman???
    You were a poet and you didn't even know it.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’d don’t think it’s often grad transfers really succeed all that often. Have to learn a new system, develop chemistry with new receivers, and adjust to a new situation/coaching staff. Trey isn’t going anywhere. His receiving corps here is going to be pretty damn good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As has been stated, Trey plays all 4 years at NDSU and it gives him the best shot at preserving a high draft slot as a QB for the NFL.