Page 70 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    We have a lot of LB talent in the NFL even before Cox goes in- Emanuel, Mays, Board and Humber..
    None of them were high draft picks or stars in the NFL. Having back to back QB’s drafted, one of which being a top 5 pick, is a lot more notable than having a few journeyman and late round LB’s selected. That isn’t an impressive LB list that gets scout’s attention even if those guys were all amazing for NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Trey is already projected first round coming out of NDSU. Where's the upside in transferring?
    I agree. Jabril was already a 3rd round pick at worst and has the chance to improve on that. Trey is already listed as the 3rd best QB... that's a guaranteed multi million dollar contract. He can either go up or down but going up is harder than going down. Let's say he only has a few months to learn an offense and struggles. Not because he is not a stud, but because learning an offense and understanding it at a high level takes time

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I agree. Jabril was already a 3rd round pick at worst and has the chance to improve on that. Trey is already listed as the 3rd best QB... that's a guaranteed multi million dollar contract. He can either go up or down but going up is harder than going down. Let's say he only has a few months to learn an offense and struggles. Not because he is not a stud, but because learning an offense and understanding it at a high level takes time
    There is essentially zero upside.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Not to mention the fact that nobody knows what football will even look like this year.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Not to mention the fact that nobody knows what football will even look like this year.
    I predict no college teams will be playing games in October.
    It's OK to not be OK.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I predict no college teams will be playing games in October.
    Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not just zero upside to transfer but more likely downside. This isn’t like Jabrils situation. We have a better qb coach and do a better job developing qbs, in an nflish system, than most P5 programs. In most cases, a Trey Lance FBS transfer would actually be counterproductive for Trey. NDSU develops stud QBs and Trey has room for growth. Stick around a bit longer and he will be a lock for fist round

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Not just zero upside to transfer but more likely downside. This isn’t like Jabrils situation. We have a better qb coach and do a better job developing qbs, in an nflish system, than most P5 programs. In most cases, a Trey Lance FBS transfer would actually be counterproductive for Trey. NDSU develops stud QBs and Trey has room for growth. Stick around a bit longer and he will be a lock for fist round
    It's still possible I suppose, but it would make far less sense than Jabril's transfer.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    It's still possible I suppose, but it would make far less sense than Jabril's transfer.
    Ya, I hated to see Jabril go but never felt it was a mistake on his part. I think Trey needs to be careful. A transfer could really hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Ya, I hated to see Jabril go but never felt it was a mistake on his part. I think Trey needs to be careful. A transfer could really hurt him.
    Wentz going #2 definitely makes it more likely Trey doesn't feel the need to transfer to imrove his draft position. That hopefully pays some dividends to us Bison fans.