Page 71 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

It's possible Trey is projected as a top 5 pick ASSUMING he has a repeat of this season. If he has no season there's a good chance he won't go that high. Also keep in mind this is all coming from media people and not the teams.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    It's possible Trey is projected as a top 5 pick ASSUMING he has a repeat of this season. If he has no season there's a good chance he won't go that high. Also keep in mind this is all coming from media people and not the teams.

Lance is missing some big comeback games compared to Wentz where he put the team on his back and carriered them down the field on his arm. Thats what I'd want to see from him as a team considering him for a first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I agree. Jabril was already a 3rd round pick at worst and has the chance to improve on that. Trey is already listed as the 3rd best QB... that's a guaranteed multi million dollar contract. He can either go up or down but going up is harder than going down. Let's say he only has a few months to learn an offense and struggles. Not because he is not a stud, but because learning an offense and understanding it at a high level takes time
    You are correct, Bot. Any doubters out there, ask Tom Brady

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Lance is missing some big comeback games compared to Wentz where he put the team on his back and carriered them down the field on his arm. Thats what I'd want to see from him as a team considering him for a first round pick.
    Because he put the games away in the first half. If I were a GM, I'd like that quality a lot.

I 1000% believe Trey Lance is in the NFL in the Fall of 2021 IF hes projected to be a 1st round draft pick. we talking MILLIONS of dollars.. (he could blow a knee, break a neck, car accident, anything.....why risk it?? ) taking the money honey and I dont blame him
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

I'm the least qualified person on this board to comment on Trey Lance, so I will speak in generalities. The more film they have on a player, the more they will find things to nit-pick. And teams will probably expect "a leap" in year 2, so they will probably be particularly nit-picky. Finally, a player with his physical characteristics is at least partially going to be coveted for what they project him to do, rather than what he did against over-matched FCS opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLurker View Post
    I'm the least qualified person on this board to comment on Trey Lance, so I will speak in generalities. The more film they have on a player, the more they will find things to nit-pick. And teams will probably expect "a leap" in year 2, so they will probably be particularly nit-picky. Finally, a player with his physical characteristics is at least partially going to be coveted for what they project him to do, rather than what he did against over-matched FCS opponents.
    You started off hot but it went down hill immediately after.

I doubt Lance or Radunz play in the spring if there even is a spring season. They more then likely train for the combine and or draft. Schoening could be another one. Not worth the risk for some stupid spring season which is about the dumbest thing these college presidents could think up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I doubt Lance or Radunz play in the spring if there even is a spring season. They more then likely train for the combine and or draft. Schoening could be another one. Not worth the risk for some stupid spring season which is about the dumbest thing these college presidents could think up.
    That may be true for all of college football since the same will likely happen to the FBS. The MAC just did it. Transferring to a school that ultimately wont play until the spring isnt very smart.. IMO

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That may be true for all of college football since the same will likely happen to the FBS. The MAC just did it. Transferring to a school that ultimately wont play until the spring isnt very smart.. IMO
    Might not be that dumb. If you wanna play you get longer to learn a play book, use their facilities and contacts to up your draft stock. I think it's dumber to transfer now thinking you'll start for a team you know little about in less than a month.