Page 41 of 89 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Default Re: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

yea heffray... what a clown.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Mel just wanting to get on the train. I think he grabbed the caboose as it flew by. Remember where you heard it first... Lol yeah a month plus late their old man.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Keeping him healthy will be tough, also second year his skills will be focused on, he was an unknown last year. See if he can sustain and stay healthy, Running as much as he does its only a matter of time.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Keeping him healthy will be tough, also second year his skills will be focused on, he was an unknown last year. See if he can sustain and stay healthy, Running as much as he does its only a matter of time.
    Meh, he's a very tough kid. Just think about Stick for a minute. He also ran a bunch but I don't think he ever missed a game. There were many shots that he took that I thought, uh oh, he's not getting up from that. I particularly remember about three of them during the Iowa game and one really bad one in the Natty against EWU that was particularly nasty. There are just some guys that defenses are almost never able to hit them square.
    Insert something clever here...

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Meh, he's a very tough kid. Just think about Stick for a minute. He also ran a bunch but I don't think he ever missed a game. There were many shots that he took that I thought, uh oh, he's not getting up from that. I particularly remember about three of them during the Iowa game and one really bad one in the Natty against EWU that was particularly nasty. There are just some guys that defenses are almost never able to hit them square.
    Brock too. I don't know if he avoided a hit.

On the other hand Carson was injured on a fluke play. So you never know. If he has a good chance at going in the first couple rounds, he should absolutely take it.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I was curious so I looked up the stats for Easton. He made 85, 113, 112, 117 rush attempts in his four years. This was 427/55 = 7.7636 rushes/game. Trey rushed 8, 169 times in his two years so far. This was 177/18 = 9.8333 rushes/game. This equates to a 26.7% increase in rushes/game than Easton. Considerably more exposure.

Having said that I do agree that when he is not running straight over middle linebackers and outsized safeties he does run in a very defensive fashion. He is also not a porcelain doll.

There really shouldn't be any reason to rush him as much as we did last year. He's got great weapons with Sproles, Watkins, our TE's and RB's. Let him sling it more this year and run if necessary and cut back on the designed runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    There really shouldn't be any reason to rush him as much as we did last year. He's got great weapons with Sproles, Watkins, our TE's and RB's. Let him sling it more this year and run if necessary and cut back on the designed runs.
    100% agree. The weapons at his disposal are arguably better than any other Bison offense during the run.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Mel just wanting to get on the train. I think he grabbed the caboose as it flew by. Remember where you heard it first... Lol yeah a month plus late their old man.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    He must be one of the last of ESPN's employees to be on the hype train. ESPN has been on the hype train since Week #1 - remember this poll: http://promo.espn.com/espn/contests/...man/2019/index
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    it would be a SIN if Roehl/NDSU runs Trey on all of those QB draws that we do... like 4-5 a game.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?