Page 33 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Default Re: Is Trey Lance's Season the Greatest in Program History?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Trey leaving for the NFL wouldn't bother me nearly as much as transferring to another school. It would sting not having him here for another 2 championship caliber seasons, but I would get over it. The possibility of having 2 NDSU players as starting QBs in the NFL at once could be the greatest single recruitment pitch in our history. Think about it. If you could go to the SEC, and get the crap pummeled out of you for 2 years by first round linebackers and nose tackles, vs coming to NDSU, developing under a great coach, and consistently having an outstanding OL, then going in the first round?

No brainer to me.
    Great point.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Trey leaving for the NFL wouldn't bother me nearly as much as transferring to another school. It would sting not having him here for another 2 championship caliber seasons, but I would get over it. The possibility of having 2 NDSU players as starting QBs in the NFL at once could be the greatest single recruitment pitch in our history. Think about it. If you could go to the SEC, and get the crap pummeled out of you for 2 years by first round linebackers and nose tackles, vs coming to NDSU, developing under a great coach, and consistently having an outstanding OL, then going in the first round?

No brainer to me.
    Also few years ago Vernon Davis QB from Eastern Washington transferred to the Oregon Ducks for his final year. He got injured and never drafted in NFL. So I think it is safe for Trey to stay here , graduate and then go to NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Also few years ago Vernon Davis QB from Eastern Washington transferred to the Oregon Ducks for his final year. He got injured and never drafted in NFL. So I think it is safe for Trey to stay here , graduate and then go to NFL.
    VA had a very successful season at Oregon. Lead the nation in passer rating. Had 26 TD passes against 6 picks in 10 games.

Him not drafted had nothing to do with his injury.....100% related to his size.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    VA had a very successful season at Oregon. Lead the nation in passer rating. Had 26 TD passes against 6 picks in 10 games.

Truth. VA has zero relevance when discussing Lance. Totally different situations based on their measurables.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

I disagree he was taller than Kyler Murray.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

5 10 QBs being considered legitimate prospects is extremely new, and far from proven.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is exactly why I was pretty shocked that KM went that high. In spite of how BV (me definitely included) have always liked to punk on VA, he's actually a pretty damn good QB. Had he come along after KM, his draft stock would probably look a lot different.
    Insert something clever here...

5 10 QBs being considered legitimate prospects is extremely new, and far from proven.
    Well, not THAT new really.

https://nationalfootballpost.com/the...ks-of-alltime/

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    The heights they list are all deflated by at least an inch, if not 2.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No brainer to me.
    Why are we settling for just 2? Let’s have 3 starting QB’s at once!

Sure it’s a long shot but it’s not implausible either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk